Newcastle United vs. Everton 08/02/2022 @ 7.45pm (BT)

LRD

It’ll be interesting to see what Lampard does with the new signings as the system they played with Allan and Gomez in the middle seemed to work really well for them. Does he break that up straight away to accommodate either or both of Alli and VDB? 

The last one with fans was immense - 2-1 down - Pickford giving it the big one taking ages with goals kicks at the Galowgate and laughing at the fans - two late goals, 3-2 win, Pickford in tears as he went off!

Peak Rafa that!

Think a more expansive style from Everton will suit us, I’d be more nervous if Rafa was in the dugout despite their form.  Playing a low block with Grey and Richarlison on the break with DLC would cause us issues.  We’re vulnerable to the counter attack as we saw against Watford.  
Lampard getting them further up the pitch and looking to take more risks suits us, nervy 2-1 win. 

12 minutes ago, Paully said:

The last one with fans was immense - 2-1 down - Pickford giving it the big one taking ages with goals kicks at the Galowgate and laughing at the fans - two late goals, 3-2 win, Pickford in tears as he went off!

Peak Rafa that!

That was a great game, some of our counter attacking and general offensive play was immense, we watched it in some snooker club in Toon celebrating my mate’s birthday, I was ill all day and hardly drank, after the final whistle went I perked right up and didn’t get in until half 3 in the morning ha ha!

1 hour ago, Paully said:

I love how much these hate us [emoji38]

The feeling is mutual and I've missed giving Pickford abuse for the 45 minutes he's right in front of me at the Gallowgate!

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/newcastle-v-everton-tuesday-feb-8th-7-45pm.114461/

newcastle-v-everton-tuesday-feb-8th-7-45

What's the reason for hating us? I mean I don't like them, the scouse mackems says it all really. Can't see what they've got against us though, unless it's just jealousy.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

What's the reason for hating us? I mean I don't like them, the scouse mackems says it all really. Can't see what they've got against us though, unless it's just jealousy.

Not a clue. Bizarre, really. And it's not even just schadenfreude, it's seemingly full on. Thankfully I've never met an Evertonian irl that feels the way those on GOT and Twitter do. Am mates with a couple at uni and they're all proper sound lads.

I tend to reject the scouse mackem tag as they're a bigger club than Sunderland and they hate(d) Allardyce as much as we did/do while the mackems loved him. 

Personally totally meh towards Everton and I'll never get this quasi hatred between some of us and them.

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Not a clue. Bizarre, really. And it's not even just schadenfreude, it's seemingly full on. Thankfully I've never met an Evertonian irl that feels the way those on GOT and Twitter do. Am mates with a couple at uni and they're all proper sound lads.

I tend to reject the scouse mackem tag as they're a bigger club than Sunderland and they hate(d) Allardyce as much as we did/do while the mackems loved him. 

Personally totally meh towards Everton and I'll never get this quasi hatred between some of us and them.

Yeah it's really weird. I agree the scouse mackems is probably a bit unfair, but they seem to be doing their best to live up to it.

Think we'll struggle against a resurgent Everton. They've got some good players, Van De Beek will be a handy addition and Richarlison is back. Might well see Alli too. Would take a point. They're shite defensively but we lack fret. Think Lampard might well see that new manager bounce and we'll take a hiding.

These last 14 years have really done a number on some of us like.

We’re at home with some new signings, crowd should be up for it. These lot aren’t that good and Dele and VdB haven’t played for a while. I can see us winning this and the Villa game and we should believe in ourselves enough to do that too. 

5 minutes ago, LV said:

These last 14 years have really done a number on some of us like.

We’re at home with some new signings, crowd should be up for it. These lot aren’t that good and Dele and VdB haven’t played for a while. I can see us winning this and the Villa game and we should believe in ourselves enough to do that too. 

Very much me , I 100% expect the worst every time [emoji38]

Haven't watched much of Everton this season but really interested to see how they operate in midfield. On paper, without decoure, they seem really lightweight. hoping Bruno and big joe and impose themsleves in the middle of the pitch 

This one is going to be a much harder match now they’ve got a new manager who they did well under at the weekend and a couple of new signings. It’s a blow that Burn can’t play as we’ve got to go with the defence that played at Leeds now with the inclusion of Targett over Dummett, I know they did well in that game but for the CB pairing that has been one of the exceptions this season.. can only hope that the new midfield will relieve the pressure off of them a bit more. 

I just want to see the team with our new players, hopefully it really has rejuvenated our squad and instilled a new level of confidence especially if we are leading going late into the game. Could see a narrow victory but much more likely to be score draw imo. 

Think this will be an entertaining game, probably a few goals shared. A bit like Chelsea (h) in February 2013, crowd well up for a game with plenty of new signings featuring. Just hope that Bruno starts and that we can edge it. 3-2.

Dubravka

Trippier Lascelles Burn Targett

Guimarães Shelvey Joelinton

Fraser Wood Saint-Maximin

Darlow, Krafth, Schär, Manquillo, S.Longstaff, Willock, Murphy, Almiron, Gayle

Squad sort of picks itself, but think that’ll be the XI and bench. Fernandez, Dummett, Ritchie, and Wilson are injured and Gillespie isn’t needed.

Honestly think if Burn is fit, the biggest decision is Lascelles vs. Schär. I know who

I’d be picking on ability and form…