Newcastle United vs. Everton 08/02/2022 @ 7.45pm (BT)

LRD

I am also nervous for this one, if Bruno plays I think it will give us an added dimension and will also keep them guessing/on back foot.

The player that has been standout for them this season for me is Gray, but with Trippier on his side I am confident about him. DCL should not be match fit and a doubt to start, would be a great advantage for us if he was kept on the bench...

Hopefull we inject Dan´s foot with a load of painkillers, would like to see lascelles out and a new backline with schar, some good passing out ability now!!

Just think no matter what happens tonight in the future these type of nerves will be for a champions league final and not a relegation scrap :lol:

Edited by gdm

Most important match in a long time. Win here and it’s going to be a boost and feel like we’ve turned this season around with 7points from 9 against relegation rivals. Lose this and we are in big big trouble. 

17 minutes ago, scotia1997 said:

How we all feeling about tonight? 

Looking forward to it, wish I could get down for it but Aberdeen Away will have to do for me tomorrow.

Totally fine , looking forward to the prawn  sandwich brigade in a box for the first time which I'm very lucky to experience,  I'm all in now fuck it , win . HWTFL

6 minutes ago, GWN said:

Totally fine , looking forward to the prawn  sandwich brigade in a box for the first time which I'm very lucky to experience,  I'm all in now fuck it , win . HWTFL

That'll be boss, confident myself think atmosphere will freak Everton. In for a win myself 2-0. Geordies win tonight and Celtic win tomorrow I'll be a happy man.

Nerves gave really kicked in for this. Not felt this way in years, I like it.

Absolutely hate Everton, fans are nobs, ground is a shithole and always seem to be one of them shit stains on the Premier League that is just there. For no fucking reason.

Cleared my work calendar for this afternoon to get on the piss. Wouldn't go as far as to say this like a cup final, a Derby or even a 6 pointer. Feelings of excited/nervous are fairly close though.

3 minutes ago, Tyne81 said:

Nerves gave really kicked in for this. Not felt this way in years, I like it.

Absolutely hate Everton, fans are nobs, ground is a shithole and always seem to be one of them shit stains on the Premier League that is just there. For no fucking reason.

Cleared my work calendar for this afternoon to get on the piss. Wouldn't go as far as to say this like a cup final, a Derby or even a 6 pointer. Feelings of excited/nervous are fairly close though.

Not sure I'd go that far :lol: but I've said on here many times.  It seemed like when Fat Sam was there, they suddenly developed a disliking of us and it's been reciprocated since.  Can't say I ever noticed bad blood between the supporters prior to that and have been to Goodison a couple of times and always found it fine.  Bar the shocking view and wooden seats, of course.  

Pickford makes it easy to dislike them and all. 

Not played in what seems like a month, all the excitement of the new signings, along with the pressure of starting to get results to get out the shit.  It's all adding up to make me nervous as fuck about the game. 

6 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Imagine these guys worrying about the possible impact of Bruno and coming up with gameplans to negate his impact and then Howe starts him on the bench. Instant boost for them. Get him in the starting lineup FFS!

He will start the game, he's had short of a week to train with the squad no reason not to play him. He has to play. 

13 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Huge game, this, huge. He has to get the selection right, no excuses.

He has a huge opportunity here to get the fans behind the team and belief amongst SJP again. The Leeds victory has set momentum that MUST be carried into tonight's game.