Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

4 minutes ago, LV said:

I still don’t think he’ll start against Villa. Think Howe won’t want to drop any of Shelvey, Willock or Jow yet unless they are injured. 

Think Bruno might get a longer time on the pitch against Villa but he may have to play his way in or wait for an injury/ suspension to get a starting berth.

Im not saying I agree with that mind but I can see why Howe would do it. 

Aye, difficult to drop anybody. With Targett being an enforced change, it's probably a good idea to keep things as they are. 

Give Bruno his full debut away to West Ham. Play 5 at the back and let the midfield of Willock Bruno and Joelinton control the middle.

Btw, Gerson has started to play well enough for Marseille and the brazillian media is pissing itself all over him already.

Playing for Flamengo really is a blessing, gives you media attention the rest of your life in Brazil [emoji38]

10 minutes ago, JNK said:

Btw, Gerson has started to play well enough for Marseille and the brazillian media is pissing itself all over him already.

Playing for Flamengo really is a blessing, gives you media attention the rest of your life in Brazil [emoji38]

Funnily enough we were linked with him as well towards the end of last year. Looks a really promising midfielder too.

47 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Funnily enough we were linked with him as well towards the end of last year. Looks a really promising midfielder too.

He's a good player, has more of a offensive presence than Bruno tbh, but he's really overrated in Brazil because of his stint in Flamengo, they treated him in media like he was the best brazilian CM in the world on his stint in Flamengo, even demanding him to start for Brazil, always liked Bruno better but I'm suspect to say, Bruno has given my club 2 of it's 4 major titles being a protagonist. 

53 minutes ago, JNK said:

He's a good player, has more of a offensive presence than Bruno tbh, but he's really overrated in Brazil because of his stint in Flamengo, they treated him in media like he was the best brazilian CM in the world on his stint in Flamengo, even demanding him to start for Brazil, always liked Bruno better but I'm suspect to say, Bruno has given my club 2 of it's 4 major titles being a protagonist. 

As someone until a week ago unbiased in that discussion I agree with you. Gerson is very talented, but just like Gabigol he’s nowhere near talented enough to not bother to put an effort in. That’s why Bruno will be at the World Cup and Gerson not. Same goes for Gabigol. He won’t be there while Cunha who is less talented might.  

4 minutes ago, Flip said:

As someone until a week ago unbiased in that discussion I agree with you. Gerson is very talented, but just like Gabigol he’s nowhere near talented enough to not bother to put an effort in. That’s why Bruno will be at the World Cup and Gerson not. Same goes for Gabigol. He won’t be there while Cunha who is less talented might.  

I actually don't think Gabigol is that talented tbh, if he played in ANY other team he woudn't be so hyped. Also, he comes with the worst personality type too, for a player who coudn't start on the portuguese league he think's too much of himself.

Personally I think Bruno will start against Villa..

I think Howe may want to see if JL can be a little more effective a bit further up the pitch. Reckon Bruno for JL in the middle and JL instead of Fraser but not quite playing the same role.

Aim to help team press higher up the pitch. 

1 minute ago, JNK said:

I actually don't think Gabigol is that talented tbh, if he played in ANY other team he woudn't be so hyped. Also, he comes with the worst personality type too, for a player who coudn't start on the portuguese league he think's too much of himself.

Hmm... he’s very clearly talented. As for any team,he did well for Santos and was equally as hyped. His stint in Europe was a failure most probably because of attitude and not because of effort why I wouldn’t like him here. 

Anyways, back to Bruno. Has to start next match.

5 minutes ago, Lotus said:

I think Howe may want to see if JL can be a little more effective a bit further up the pitch. Reckon Bruno for JL in the middle and JL instead of Fraser but not quite playing the same role.

start him ahead of Shelvey/Willock. No need to mobe Joelinton when he’s finally playing well for the team.

6 hours ago, Yorkie said:

It's a real conundrum trying to figure out where to put him. We've all become accustomed to Joe's strengths following his revival, meanwhile Willock is improving and presses really well and - in theory - is one of our best chances of a goal in a team that doesn't score much.

Of the three, Shelvey is the weakest performer but I feel like he's the only one in the squad who really plays that quarter-back role. If last night is anything to go by, you'd only be getting 75% out of Bruno by putting him there. 

Despite his contributions I am dying to see Shelvey upgraded upon, but I don't think Bruno is that upgrade. 

Really dunno, but it looks like the added competition is already making a difference to the existing centre-backs and centre-mids, and both Bruno and Burn are going to have to fight for their places. 

Counterpoint, you don't *need* a quarterback. Bruno can protect the defence and progress us forward without having to knock it 40 yards because he has other things in his locker?

Just now, Dr Venkman said:

Counterpoint, you don't *need* a quarterback. Bruno can protect the defence and progress us forward without having to knock it 40 yards because he has other things in his locker?

I mean that's how I would view it, especially since Joelinton and Willock are running back when we lose the ball as well. They are both box to box players, I don't think Bruno should need any more protection than that, and given the space Shelvey operates in, surely he should be able to get that ball up the pitch very effectively when he's got it?

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

I mean that's how I would view it, especially since Joelinton and Willock are running back when we lose the ball as well. They are both box to box players, I don't think Bruno should need any more protection than that, and given the space Shelvey operates in, surely he should be able to get that ball up the pitch very effectively when he's got it?

That seems to be what he's good at so makes sense to me? I think you give Bruno and big Joe the responsibility to protect and let little Joe concentrate on taking up positions to capitalise on them winning possession? 3 genuine box to box players excites me more than 1 or 2 nice long passes per game.

Edited by Dr Venkman

13 minutes ago, Flip said:

Hmm... he’s very clearly talented. As for any team,he did well for Santos and was equally as hyped. His stint in Europe was a failure most probably because of attitude and not because of effort why I wouldn’t like him here. 

Anyways, back to Bruno. Has to start next match.

I don't think he was that hyped in Santos, many considered just lucky to have a good team around him. But anyway, I still think Cunha is a better prospect, he at least can play in top tier football, even if Simeone has gone full nuts this season.

About Bruno, has to start but where? 

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

I know we’re all pretty anti-Shelvey but he’s not the one who’s going to get dropped. It’ll be Joe unfortunately. 

why? EH must see that Willock is coming in to form, and Shelvey is a liability.

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

I know we’re all pretty anti-Shelvey but he’s not the one who’s going to get dropped. It’ll be Joe unfortunately. 

I wouldn't be too peeved TBH, although I think it would be the wrong call, just don't drop little Joe.

That said I thought playing Lascelles and not Bruno last night was a bad decision and I was wrong, so fuck do I know? Really nice having a head coach who knows more about football than me :lol:

31 minutes ago, Flip said:

start him ahead of Shelvey/Willock. No need to mobe Joelinton when he’s finally playing well for the team.

I'd be surprised if EH didn't want to see if he can slowly revert JL to an attacker. Doesn't have to be as a striker, but at least someone who is tasked with affecting the game a little further up the pitch. 

I think ideally Bruno plays in JL's role. 

The 2 issues with that are; 1) Shelvey isn't anywhere good enough as a DM and maybe Bruno could do that very well but then he couldn't do the other stuff he clearly does extremely well, and 2) what do you do with JL?

2 minutes ago, Lotus said:

The 2 issues with that are; 1) Shelvey isn't anywhere good enough as a DM and maybe Bruno could do that very well but then he couldn't do the other stuff he clearly does extremely well, and 2) what do you do with JL?

1) We don't need Shelvey to be a traditional DM if Bruno is on the pitch breaking up play ahead of him.

2) He eventually gets dropped.

I dont think he'll start on Sunday and to be honest, i'd back Howe on that. The midfield have played well on their last two outings and I dont think they've given Howe any reason to change. I know not changing a winning team is pure PFM nonesense, but in the same respect it would be harsh to drop any of the midfield three imo.

When he does inevitably come in, it should be for Willock. He did alright against Leeds and played well in the second half last night but Ive still got doubts about his quality. He often looks better in the second half when hes got the legs to stretch play. He's not suited to a tight midfield battle, his touch and positioning isnt good enough like. I've been seething at Shelvey for a good few years now but I've seen improvements in recent weeks. He looks a bit fitter, a bit more able to get around the park. He needs replaced asap but I wouldnt be dropping him at the moment. Bruno, Shelvey, Joelinton is out best midfield three like. 

1 hour ago, Lotus said:

he’s not gonna drop Fraser right now if he’s fit