Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

I think being in a midfield 2 wasn't ideal especially as Longstaff was the other person

Get our normal 3 in midfield and we'll see the best of him

Having said that I still thought he was good, won a lot challenges and also won a few fouls. That passage of play which ended with Rudiger needlessly knocking him over was good from him.

The likes of Iniesta, Pirlo and Busquets were hardly Olympic sprinters by any stretch, but still rightly classed as world class midfield players. The first few yards are the most important, along with the thought of what to do following that initial move. Those players, along with Bruno, clearly have foresight and planning ahead of the ball coming to them. Technique also buys them time and space that pace alone doesn’t. Bruno is just fine. 

You guys realise he was in a midfield 2 with Sean Longstaff against a midfield feating Jorginho who was number 3 in last years Ballon d'or and Kante? I thought he looked absolutely fine considering lol Look forward to him alongside Joelinton

1 hour ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Which game were you watching?

Aye, there's a certain few people who are best ignored.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not the most knowledgeable, but some people talk absolute horse shit. 

People can’t take honest takes. 

he does look a bit slow. He’ll need to think fast In this league to compensate. 

Comparisons to Busquets, Pirloa and Iniesta… I mean ok.  He’s more likely Granit Xhaka level and his lack of speed is a problem. 

Bruno has excellent ball control, good under pressure that’s great. But I was hoping for greater athleticism. He looks fairly fit and mobile. Just not quick. 

jonjo jo joe works well because 2 lads are extremely mobile and quick, Jo is v. strong for a midfielder and Shelvey can be strong in the tackle. 

i don’t think Bruno has the athleticism to play that Mezzalla role in the PL 

3 hours ago, Tiresias said:

You guys realise he was in a midfield 2 with Sean Longstaff against a midfield feating Jorginho who was number 3 in last years Ballon d'or and Kante? I thought he looked absolutely fine considering lol Look forward to him alongside Joelinton

Thought Longstaff played quite well tbh. Done as much as Bruno did..

Got a nasty off the ball whack from Rudiger after he chased back and won the ball. Did well yesterday in all but did give the ball away a few times, will only get better and will ofcourse get better with more quality around him next season.