Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

The power he generated on that shot man! The first thunderbastard backheel I've ever seen. Great cross to Willock too, who should have tested Forster. In a game with JWP, the two lushest laser passes were from our CMs. Shelvey's was a goal on a plate.

Other than that, Bruno did quite well. I had to get up at 4:30 to watch the game and my half-asleep self felt like I was watching something on fast-forward, so high was the tempo. It'll take a while before he gets used to playing at this speed, which won't be every week. Joelinton's combativeness was also missed.

2 hours ago, toontownman said:

Coming soon...

Kamara*

Bruno                    Joelinton

:sweetjesus:

* or whomever we want to buy in the summer

Big Joe.  Bruno G.  Paqueta. 

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Hope he just went off for cramp or something and there isn't any injury worry.

Howe confirmed it as cramp, I believe. Also a comment about how that was a proper welcome to the Premier League. 

He is so classy. Always finding space and wanting the ball and to then progress it. Which is what our midfield desperately needs. But he did get caught on the ball a few times and lost it 2-3 times in quick succession at the end before coming off. 

Excited to see how good he can be once he has had a run of games in the side. 

:love:

7 hours ago, WillingtonMag said:

Is that him back on the bench though? Joelinton back in for next game and just can't see Howe dropping Shelvey.

Might see Willock move up in place of Murphy if ASM is still injured with Bruno then going into midfield. 

7 hours ago, WillingtonMag said:

Is that him back on the bench though? Joelinton back in for next game and just can't see Howe dropping Shelvey.

Can’t see him being dropped after that performance and a bit of cramp? A few sloppy passages of play and it was a steep learning curve for him. But he looked superb at times and scored a wonder goal. 

As I stated when we signed him. He’s a great passer of the ball and very eager, but he lacks the physicality and while it still worked with Jonjo, we need a hard working defensive midfielder next to him to cover ground. I think Big Joe might be the perfect partner in the offensive sense, but neither him nor Bruno can play the sitting DM position imo. 

2 minutes ago, Flip said:

As I stated when we signed him. He’s a great passer of the ball and very eager, but he lacks the physicality and while it still worked with Jonjo, we need a hard working defensive midfielder next to him to cover ground. I think Big Joe might be the perfect partner in the offensive sense, but neither him nor Bruno can play the sitting DM position imo. 

👍Hence why we’ve been linked with the likes of Kamara and Fofana since December, and into this coming summer.

Guest HTT II

I liked how eager he was to drive forward and he looks for early passes or one twos a lot, he’s not quick but moves quick if that makes sense, and moves the ball even quicker. His goal was world-class. He’ll be fine, especially with better quality around him.

6 minutes ago, Flip said:

Remember lads, he’s shit