Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

3 hours ago, Dr Venkman said:

You know wrestling isn’t real lads? I don’t care about it though. You do.

Somebody watches that shite? I loved it from 1967 to 1979 to be fair.

On 08/05/2022 at 19:37, xLiaaamx said:

He absolutely won't put up with what we are now for long. We either be ruthless with the rest of the squad or we lose him. 

I don't see much problem going forward. I think as long as we continue to compete, and improve, he'll be happy here. He wants to win, for sure, but he's so much more than just a winner. e's the kind that doesn't just believe he deserves to win, but the kind that sees the opportunity to win, and does what is necessary.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Aye but he won’t do that consistently. We need another 4 of his quality to push top 8, 6-7 to push top 6, 8+ to worry the top 4.

I dunno man, if the season started in Jan we would be in top 4 already. Whether we could sustain it I dunno, but progress in 2022 has been incredible. If we can start to move out the likes of Wood, Gayle, Kraft, Clark, Almiron, Lascelles, Lewis, Longstaff, Darlow, Hayden, Murphy, Ritchie and Fernandez and replace with better quality - this side can very quickly transform. Wouldn't suggest we will could replace all this summer, but we certainly have a lot of dead wood players that have had way too much game time this season.

Bruno’s the real deal definitely. Whether he will show it with us or another club is another question. 

We have some very good players but I also feel like a lot of them are overrated because of our form and momentum as said. Thinking that this team is capable of sustaining this years form next season is naive and delusional tbh. Get proper quality in over quantity and things might be very good next season. Step by step and all that. Bruno for sure didn’t join for us to be aiming for something like top 10 or similar. Time will tell about our ambitions. 

5 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Aye but he won’t do that consistently. We need another 4 of his quality to push top 8, 6-7 to push top 6, 8+ to worry the top 4.

Nah 4 top quality players of his standard and we would finish above Arsenal I think.

4 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

This good form has blinded people. A lot of it is down to good will, impetus, momentum etc.

If we dont't get European football in the next couple of seasons, I would expect Bruno to want to move on if he's the real deal.

If that were the case I wouldn't blame him. I don't really take much notice of Eddie Howe downplaying our ambitions next season, that's just smart management, I'm pretty sure behind closed doors the owners and management will have far bigger ambitions, and I expect to see this reflected in our pursuit of much higher quality players in the summer. It won't be easy at this stage though, obviously we will be going up against bigger clubs and we might not always win the battle for signatures.

5 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

This good form has blinded people. A lot of it is down to good will, impetus, momentum etc.

If we dont't get European football in the next couple of seasons, I would expect Bruno to want to move on if he's the real deal.

I disagree. Look at West Ham. Relegation survival to European football season after under Moyes. Look at Leicester, almost relegated, then win the league next season. Our form in 2022 isnt luck or temporary form - we've chaned. We've evolved. We are harder to beat, and we have options to hurt teams. It's the sum of Howe having a few months prior to get his methods in and some astute signings defensively and in midfield from January.

I think we already have quite a few solid first team players for a top 6 side and probably a few rotational ones. 4 big more signings like Bruno in quality positions (CB, CM, RW and ST) and we have a side that can challenge top 6 next year, especially if positions with not so good cover keeps injury free. If we are able to sell/release some crap and re-use that money to pad out the squad with even better youth or rotational quality then great, if we get injuries we can cope better. 

Think you're very much under selling how well we've done and what we have achieved this year under Howe.

Edited by hakka

17 minutes ago, hakka said:

I disagree. Look at West Ham. Relegation survival to European football season after under Moyes. Look at Leicester, almost relegated, then win the league next season. Our form in 2022 isnt luck or temporary form - we've chaned. We've evolved. We are harder to beat, and we have options to hurt teams. It's the sum of Howe having a few months prior to get his methods in and some astute signings defensively and in midfield from January.

I think we already have quite a few solid first team players for a top 6 side and probably a few rotational ones. 4 big more signings like Bruno in quality positions (CB, CM, RW and ST) and we have a side that can challenge top 6 next year, especially if positions with not so good cover keeps injury free. If we are able to sell/release some crap and re-use that money to pad out the squad with even better youth or rotational quality then great, if we get injuries we can cope better. 

Think you're very much under selling how well we've done and what we have achieved this year under Howe.

Moyes has a history of building really solid teams that compete 4-7 through organisation and team work rather than talent (Howe doesn't). He's also got the best out of his players (Antonio, Dawson), added real quality for good fees (Soucek, Zouma) & developed English players that could play the top level (Bowen, Rice). Howe's already getting the best out of these lads. This is their ceiling. Jonjo Shelvey can play no better and give no more than he has. None of them can sustain it for 38 games, i'm certain.

Leicester played a 20+ goal a season striker on the wing and had a legendary PL winger on the bench the previous season. They then added a world class legendary CM to the team. Unless Almiron's a secret ST, I don't think we'll be able to replicate that. Only a handful of their players proved themselves to be genuine top 6 quality too.

Who in our team would be comfortable in a top 6 side?

TBF if any team has 4 v. succesful signings they'll climb the league considerably. But I think it's harder when you need genuine quality. I think Howe wants to play progressive football. We'll need an athletic team, with real quality and the right attitude. That will cost a lot of money for that to work imo.

32 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Moyes has a history of building really solid teams that compete 4-7 through organisation and team work rather than talent (Howe doesn't). He's also got the best out of his players (Antonio, Dawson), added real quality for good fees (Soucek, Zouma) & developed English players that could play the top level (Bowen, Rice). Howe's already getting the best out of these lads. This is their ceiling. Jonjo Shelvey can play no better and give no more than he has. None of them can sustain it for 38 games, i'm certain.

Leicester played a 20+ goal a season striker on the wing and had a legendary PL winger on the bench the previous season. They then added a world class legendary CM to the team. Unless Almiron's a secret ST, I don't think we'll be able to replicate that. Only a handful of their players proved themselves to be genuine top 6 quality too.

Who in our team would be comfortable in a top 6 side?

TBF if any team has 4 v. succesful signings they'll climb the league considerably. But I think it's harder when you need genuine quality. I think Howe wants to play progressive football. We'll need an athletic team, with real quality and the right attitude. That will cost a lot of money for that to work imo.

I'd say these could feature regularly in a top 6 side (and really we are talking about a side capable of finishing 6th/5th, bit different top 4).

Trippier

Schar

Bruno

ASM

Joelinton (the new CM one)

Wilson

It's all about who else is around them.  Targett and Dubravka could get by. Burn, Shelvey, Willock I'd be happy with as squad players - but like I said - by Bruno levels of  quality and mentality for CB, CM, RW and ST and suddenly it's solid, has good depth and can punch much higher than we have in 2022. I don't know how aggressive we will spend this summer but we have a lot to clear out and a lot of potential spending power anyway.

Edited by hakka

Wilson can't feature regularly for any side, let alone a top 6 one.

Joelinton doesn't get into any top 6 teams. Be serious.

ASM - won't open that can of worms.

Schar - how many top 6 defenders can't run and can't win headers?

Bruno's a good player - jury's out regarding top 6. 

9 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Wilson can't feature regularly for any side, let alone a top 6 one.

Joelinton doesn't get into any top 6 teams. Be serious.

ASM - won't open that can of worms.

Schar - how many top 6 defenders can't run and can't win headers?

Bruno's a good player - jury's out regarding top 6. 

I'd say that's the most cynical you could be about those players, and I am probably being over optimistic to say top 6. 7th/8th probably is closer to reality thinking more about it, but like I've made clear - I'm basing this on signing top quality to work with them.

Schar next to right person would be fine.

Think you're harsh on Bruno or not watched enough of him.

Wilson comment is a bit snide - quality wise feed him and he will score. Last season he was almost a 1 in 2 goal rate and played 26 league games. Better side and not the only forward and he can get more games played.

Joelinton I should calm down - but this new role is looking very promising if he keeps developing in it.

ASM again you're being cynical, Wood and Almiron are hardly the players to compliment his runs, and look how much effective he was when playing with Wilson. 

Will leave it there - I'm just looking forward to next season and be happy with any progress under Howe.

Doesn’t matter what’s going on, he always makes the right decision. The way he shields the ball is incredible. It’s an absolute fucking joke that we signed him when we were odds on for relegation