Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

4 hours ago, JonBez comesock said:

So he says 

if he really loved the club he would sign the new contract offered to him (no doubt he is enjoying it here , but he loves money / trophies more)

he’s obviously holding out for more 

Eddie Howes body language and words ….we hope we can find a solution 

Makes me think Bruno / his agent not happy with latest contract offer 

He will be off in a few years if Real Madrid come on for him 

He was outstanding the first twelve months 

dropped off after his injury and was dallying on the ball a lot 

Hope he turns it back on again as probably my favourite alongside Isak.

I am sure a resolution will be found but if we don’t win things his head will turn , which is understandable to be fair as he has huge ambitions 

Hope we can buy more players in the future on his wavelength and win a trophy or two.

Maybe a bit out of context, but if a partner wasn't giving you back what you're worth, would you commit further? Even if you did love them?

Can't blame Bruno or his agent for wanting their worth. He was playing through injury most of last season.

At some point, we're gonna have to pay higher wages. We're in a transitional period as a club where we're growing, with a lot of players playing out of their skins with mid-level wages. A lot of these would deservedly want wage rises if Bruno had one. With this and FFP I'm sure this is where the problem lies, or else Bruno would of been tied down for another 5 years long ago.

13 hours ago, ryanegg said:

I know Bruno's English is very good, but I'm sure the use of "doubt" is just lost in translation. The man loves this place. 

I teach English as a foreign language and Brazilians will usually say "I have a doubt" in situations where a native speaker would use "I'm not sure", even if they are pretty high level students.

Seems pretty damn settled on Tyneside to me, with all his family here and the love he (and his dad) gets from the fans. Not worried in the slightest about any of this. 

5 hours ago, JonBez comesock said:

So he says 

if he really loved the club he would sign the new contract offered to him (no doubt he is enjoying it here , but he loves money / trophies more)

he’s obviously holding out for more 

He can love the city and the club and still demand a fair pay for his services, it's his job.

We are underpaying many of our core players, hope we can manage it well without any unnecessary drama in the following years. Glad Howe appears to be really good at stuff like this but it's almost inevitable that at some point we will have problems related to the wage structure.

Edited by Pata

Nothing to see nor to worry about here.

If he leaves it won’t be this summer.  I don’t think his performances in the second half of the season were particularly fantastic in all honesty - he’d be on a much stronger footing to demand a massive hike if they had been.

Players come and go - the best thing about having an ownership which is competent is that I’m far less worried about players leaving than I would be under Ashley.  Ashley saw only profit; this board will sell players if it’s the best thing for the club.

I’m aware that people are tying themselves to the notion that the top quality players we sign these days will be here long term.  I’m not convinced this is the correct assumption - there is likely to be a full recycle over the next half decade as huge profits from transfer will just build the club further.  Every achievement at the moment is like a bonus - it’ll be another few years before the commercials have us competing with the big boys.  We’ll get there, though. 

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

He’s not good enough for Real Madrid. More chance us outgrowing him than him us. Nothing to see here.

:lol: Based on last seasons performance? 

41 minutes ago, Flip said:

:lol: Based on last seasons performance? 

Yep. Keep repeating myself. He’s very good and I love him as a player and a person but Real have already upgraded their midfield beyond him and will continue to in the future. He’s not athletic enough.

18 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Yep. Keep repeating myself. He’s very good and I love him as a player and a person but Real have already upgraded their midfield beyond him and will continue to in the future. He’s not athletic enough.

Had to agree to this , he's great for us, as much as i love him, it's pretty hard to see him starting ahead of Bellingham, Tchouameni & Camavinga

Edited by teohgk

1 hour ago, teohgk said:

Had to agree to this , he's great for us, as much as i love him, it's pretty hard to see him starting ahead of Bellingham, Tchouameni & Camavinga

Yeah it’s crazy to think he gets in this midfield 

1 minute ago, Ash2579 said:

He’s obviously a very good player, however…

he gets caught on the ball a lot

hes very one paced

he doesn’t strike a ball particularly well when shooting

hes absolutely where he should be now but I agree with others, we’ll be looking to upgrade in a couple of years if he doesn’t kick on again

Big Joe would be a bigger loss!

Utter rubbish. 

3 minutes ago, Ash2579 said:

hes very one paced

hes absolutely where he should be now but I agree with others, we’ll be looking to upgrade in a couple of years if he doesn’t kick on again

Bruno wouldn’t be a “very good player” if he had the faults you suggest.

2 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

Utter rubbish. 

I think the post by @Ash2579 would have seemed ridiculous at the mid point of last season. Bruno is still

my favourite player to watch, when he’s on it. I do feel his form, not his class, has fallen off.

Rather than us fretting about him being picked off by a bigger team, hoping we get to enjoy him returning to influencing games in the way he has shown he can.
Really excited to see how he dovetails with Tonali. Also hope he stops doing the ‘feel a player behind you and fold from the middle’ thing he seems to do at least once a game. It’s beginning to look predicable, get on my tits, and regardless of any tactical advantage the hoped for free kick may bring, it makes him look weaker than he is. 

19 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

Utter rubbish. 

To be fair those 3 weaknesses listed by @Ash2579 are accurate in my opinion. He’s a wonderful player but as others have said he’s not getting into Real Madrid’s midfield and he’s not in the world class bracket yet. 

If he has a full season at the form of the first half of last season I’ll be over the moon. 

Amazing to say that he’s by no means the out and out best player in our team (up for debate).

27 minutes ago, Ash2579 said:

hes very one paced

IMG_5171.gif

2 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

To be fair those 3 weaknesses listed by @Ash2579 are accurate in my opinion. He’s a wonderful player but as others have said he’s not getting into Real Madrid’s midfield and he’s not in the world class bracket yet. 

If he has a full season at the form of the first half of last season I’ll be over the moon. 

Amazing to say that he’s by no means the out and out best player in our team (up for debate).

Isak for me, comfortably.  I could picture Real signing that lad in a couple of years. 

Bruno is likely priced out of a transfer to any European club that would want him, and I can't see us selling to a PL rival for under 100m.

A transfer at this juncture simply isn't on the cards.

And he doesn't strike me as the sulking type - Ginola hoyed the pet lip on when denied a move to Barca in '96.  Bruno is a good lad - I can't picture him causing unrest.  That doesn't mean of course that he'd never leave - but that is something which isn't happening this year.

His numbers while being pressured are excellent, I think only Rodri did better than him in this department last season. Every player loses the ball or has games where it happens more often, it's just more pronounced with him because he takes risks in a dangerous area of the pitch. That's necessary for us though because we push high up positionally so our deepest mid needs to work hard to progress play.

Yeah, I quite like watching that turn & step away from the opposition - he deliberately times it to either draw a foul or take an opposition player out of play.  When he does get caught, it usually results in a foul - I can only recollect a handful of times when he was caught last season, and he must do that a dozen times per game.

His shooting boots definitely disappeared just before Xmas, mind.