Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

2 hours ago, Ikon said:

The “worrying” stuff is very boring too imo. 

It could be the end of the world: NUFC lose Bruno and N-O is no longer engaging & entertaining! 

Worrying. 

3 hours ago, Erikse said:

Why? Accoring to me Mbappe has signed. Good news right?

You’ve been here a month which is surely long enough to realise that even when your internal bullshit detector is running at full steam ahead (I reckon bs detectors should run on steam, don’t you think?) it is no reason to not express urine stained sheets levels of worry! (😉)

Here's a hypothetical one. What'd peoples thoughts be if the idea was signing Barella and Tonali because Bruno was going Barcelona, but we wrapped up Maddison and got Raphinha?

Opinions will be interesting because there will be a time in the next few years where players fancy a move eventually. 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Here's a hypothetical one. What'd peoples thoughts be if the idea was signing Barella and Tonali because Bruno was going Barcelona, but we wrapped up Maddison and got Raphinha?

Opinions will be interesting because there will be a time in the next few years where players fancy a move eventually. 

Do we need Barella AND Tonali with Hendrick coming back ? Or is the lure of Wearside too strong for him ?

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

If players WANT to move that's absolutely fine, as long as the fee received for them is the decent. Change is necessary in a football club and the position we are in now replacing Bruno would be incredibly difficult but, crucially, not impossible. 

This summer or even next summer isn't the time to be losing players like Bruno, Isak or Botman but that time will come and when it does need to happen it will be sad but ultimately unavoidable. 

24 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

This went through my mind as well, if only because as a club we are going to have to start making money on players, and it could be argued that there is a way to sell players at maximum value and replace them with potentially better if you are smart with your recruitment. Pains me to say it because emotionally you become very attached to your best players, but we've seen with clubs like Brighton it can be done.

1 minute ago, danny said:

No

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/newcastle-star-bruno-guimaraes-good-relationship-pep-guardiola-transfer-links-man-city/bltbec007d94550ba66

He’s obviously rated from when Lyon beat Citeh. Think he could be a good Gundogan replacement for them. Obviously don’t want him to go with Tonali coming in but hoping Citeh get Rice to shut any need down.

15 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Heresy I know but could he be who Man City go after if they don’t get Declan Rice?

Honestly, I can't see Bruno wanting to leave for any club other than Real Madrid and Barcelona. He loves the city and the fans here. Why would he go to a club where even the fans don't give a fuck about winning the treble?

Even if he left for City, it'd be for stupid amounts of money that we'll reinvest back into the squad so I'm not worried.

Edited by mikejaxer

Just now, mikejaxer said:

Honestly, I can't see Bruno wanting to leave for any club other than Real Madrid and Barcelona. 

Even if he left for City, it'd be for stupid amounts of money that we'll reinvest back into the squad so I'm not worried.

Can’t see him going to Brokelona. Real supposed to be getting Mbappe for €200m and have the best potential midfield in world football, plus stadium cost overruns so rule them out.

Leaves Citeh, PSG or Saudi.