Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

It’s obvious he is class 

the higher standard players that we sign in the future , the better he will get 

he needs quick forward players to play his balls to 

he needs quicker minded midfielders to work off

I bet the better we become , the better he gets and he will fit in perfectly 

Howes quotes in the fail yesterday make it sound like he was bought to replace shelvey imo, not that I would call shelvey a DM lol.

"He is a defensive midfielder, but a creative one. The reason we signed him was because we loved his way of playing, his eye for a pass and composure."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10600521/Newcastle-boss-Eddie-Howe-lauds-40m-January-signing-Bruno-Guimaraes-brilliant-heel-goal.html

12 hours ago, Interpolic said:

Courtesy of me brother :lol:

vince_bruno.jpg

:lol: Howay man! I said I'd leave the memes to the Gen Zedders. 

Embarrassing as fuck how long that monstrosity actually took to make tbh.

Edited by Bowie

13 hours ago, greydos said:

Wood’s goal couldn’t happen without Bruno. He receives it to feet off Dubravka, enjoys the press of the Southampton player, goes past him and plays a 20-yard ball through the lines to Murphy’s feet. Because the midfield line is beaten Fraser Shelvey and Targett and get up the left comfortably. But it all starts with Bruno progressing us. Class

It couldn't happen without Dubravka being confident enough to play it short, it couldn't happen without Murphys (thought it was Willock)showing for it with 2 men on him, it doesn't happen without Shelvey moving into space, without Frasers little darting run pushing the centre midfielders back, without Shelveys excellent ball then without Woods reading of the cross, timing of his header.

He done well bit let's not try and make out it's an assist.

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, madras said:

It couldn't happen without Dubravka being confident enough to play it short, it couldn't happen without Murphys (thought it was Willock)showing for it with 2 men on him, it doesn't happen without Shelvey moving into space, without Frasers little darting run pushing the centre midfielders back, without Shelveys excellent ball then without Woods reading of the cross, timing of his header.

None of that could happen if they all had never been born.

22 hours ago, madras said:

I dunno like. Showed an alarming lack of awareness to be facing his own goal in such a situation.

:iamatwat:

I for one find it worrying… .  Can’t stop watching ‘it’. Head was gone like… well like after Albert chipping the big Dane. 

13 hours ago, toontownman said:

Howes quotes in the fail yesterday make it sound like he was bought to replace shelvey imo, not that I would call shelvey a DM lol.

"He is a defensive midfielder, but a creative one. The reason we signed him was because we loved his way of playing, his eye for a pass and composure."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10600521/Newcastle-boss-Eddie-Howe-lauds-40m-January-signing-Bruno-Guimaraes-brilliant-heel-goal.html

‘This’ guy knows football.

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

I think Bruno will be our long term base of the midfield, deep lying playmaker, keep things ticking etc. place a Joelinton in there and you have your ball winning box to box force. Willock is the current perfect attacking midfielder. I could easily see us get Kamara on a free to compete with Bruno and Have us play situationally, and my preference is to sign a genuine class attacking midfielder to play with Bruno and Joelinton. 

22 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah, just struck me as funny because of his general persona.

I thought it was just a simple set-penis until I saw the third replay and saw what really happened. :lol:

I also thought Robert’s goal v Fulham was a diving header from where I was in Level 7 in the Leazes end until I got home and saw the goals on SSN. Will be lush to appreciate a great goal first time one day.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

4 hours ago, madras said:

I’m not attempting at all to make out it’s an assist. What I am doing is recognising that Bruno’s part in the goal is something only he will do in our whole squad. Dubravka can play it into midfielders short and has done before. Shelvey can ship a sideways pass under no pressure. Fraser can knock a ball to Targett on the overlap. What we’ve never had before is someone comfortable accepting the ball in our defensive half spaces, just in front of the back four, turning their man who presses them and threading a ball to feet between the lines. When Shelvey is deep he won’t have the guts to do that. He’d go back to Dubravka or wide to the full backs who would when pressed eventually play a long ball in the air. 

I think it’s worth noticing and celebrating the unique positive skill set Bruno brings to us

Thought he was class today, up against some world class midfielders and didn’t look out of place.

I love how he often takes it on the back foot, then getting his body between the ball and the player, or meaning he can turn easily. 

Also how quick he is over a few yards with his movement in and out to make space. Or to get to the ball first or away from players. Not fast over longer distances, but he is mobile. 

What I like the most. Is how he shows for throw ins and always seems to retain possession when getting the ball. We have been so shit at throws for ages and the movement has been non-existent. 

All little things, really. But they were quite noticeable to me. 

Does he stay in the team for Thursday? Hard to drop him now even If it's to rest him.

Real smart crafty player. Definitely something different to what we have got.

Love to see him with Joe's either side. Shelvey will be back in for sure.

33 minutes ago, STM said:

Today he was much better than the Southampton game IMO. Was in control.

Arguably a better partnership with Longstaff than Shelvey too.

I thought Longstaff was awful today though. But he’s barely played so fair enough.