Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

:lol: 

I see that people have let go of the pace part and are now worried about RM buying him before his Golden Retriever and Labrador have had their first shit on UK soil. 

Watched the clips of Bruno from last night. He’s world class already, absolutely stupid that he’s 24 and playing for us and has an incredible attitude on top of his ability. Best signing we’ve made since I genuinely don’t know who 

47 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Watched the clips of Bruno from last night. He’s world class already, absolutely stupid that he’s 24 and playing for us and has an incredible attitude on top of his ability. Best signing we’ve made since I genuinely don’t know who 

Frenchman who wore no. 32. 

3 hours ago, The Prophet said:

If we can get a couple more players of his quality, next season could be seriously exciting.

Trippier's on the same level imo assuming he doesn't regress any time soon. 

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

:lol: 

I see that people have let go of the pace part and are now worried about RM buying him before his Golden Retriever and Labrador have had their first shit on UK soil. 

People are actually worried about his pace? [emoji38]

He makes the game look so fucking easy. I like how he shows the opposition players the ball but you can see already that they are reluctant to commit against him for fear of being mugged off. Word has got round.

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

I'm tempted to say since Shearer. There wasn't the same reception obviously, as we didn't know how good he really was when we got him, but I can't think of another signing since then that's been as good as quickly. Cabaye and Robert were class, but Bruno looks slightly better. Colo was class, but took a while to become a legend. Other big names like Owen and Kluivert flopped hard.

Exciting times.

Edited by JumpersForGoalposts

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Those first half highlights in particular are absolutely ludicrous. I honestly can't remember a 45 minute performance as good as that from one of our lot. Majestic. 

4 hours ago, prefabtoon said:

Apparently, European giants Real Madrid set to launch summer bid for Newcastle United star Bruno Guimaraes.

According to reports in Spain, Real Madrid want to sign Bruno Guimaraes as part of their summer rebuild following the 2022 World Cup.

The 24-year-old has made a blistering start to life in the Premier League and has already become a fan favourite after just six starting appearances.

With several of Real Madrid’s key players entering their late 30s, Spanish newspaper AS report that they are looking to reinvest in the future and build a team that can last for another decade.

He may well have impressed the La Liga giants following a stunning start to life on Tyneside, but Bruno seems like the very last player who could leave the club this summer.

Not only did he joined in January, the Brazilian international is clearly loving life on Tyneside and recently admitted that he hopes to become a legend at Newcastle and play hundreds of games for the club.

With us now backed by extremely wealthy owners and building towards a bright future, this feels like a non-starter.

It’s easy to see why Real Madrid could want him, however he already feels like a player who could grow with the club and be a driving force being this exciting new project at St James’ Park.

Already, only six months after the takeover, we are a destination club.

It is very unlikely anyone of quality will actually want to leave us, for anyone.

9 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:
9 hours ago, Adam said:

How does Bruno compare to previous midfielders we've had? Obvious comparisons to Cabaye but how does he compare to the past legends of Lee and Speed? I love Rob Lee but I honestly can't remember how good he was. 

He’s a better player than Cabaye 

Cant think of a CM weve had that matches his ability. Only player i know of thats come in and shown that level of class in the existing team is Keegan. Vastly different obviously but im thinking immediate impact and clear levels above.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

Bruno is unquestionably a top drawer player, or at least appears to have everything he needs to prove to be one (over time).  Ignoring position, there are hundreds of better players out there (quite a compliment in itself). Hopefully we might get one or two of them.  

Just looking up a few statistics...

Among all Premier League players who have made at least 50 long passes (30+ yards), Bruno is first in pass accuracy with 89.1%. (Next highest for us is Joelinton with 71.2%.)

He's genuinely world class.