Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

3 minutes ago, midds said:

Fuck it, I'm going to say it: He's the complete midfielder

Still relatively early days but he looks absolutely superb. He's nimble, he can tackle, his touch is great, he's got vision, he can pick a pass, he scores, he's still going after 90+ and is a bit of a leader in there too. I've yet to find something he can't do and he could well go on to become the best midfielder in black and white I've ever been lucky enough to watch. 

Howe says they're after more "Brunos" imagine what it'll be like to see another 3/4 players with the same skills & determination of him in the next few years. Good times ahead my friends, good times ahead.

5 minutes ago, midds said:

Fuck it, I'm going to say it: He's the complete midfielder

Still relatively early days but he looks absolutely superb. He's nimble, he can tackle, his touch is great, he's got vision, he can pick a pass, he scores, he's still going after 90+ and is a bit of a leader in there too. I've yet to find something he can't do and he could well go on to become the best midfielder in black and white I've ever been lucky enough to watch. 

I wouldn't even say it's early days to say that. The scary thing is he hasn't even reached his peak years yet.

Watched the goal quite a few times, it's not immediately obvious in real-time, but if you watch it from the right angle, the volleyed pass to Miggy is utterly sublime, he actually cushions it on the volley by hitting across the ball with the outside of his foot, intended to have the ball drift and drop to him in stride. Fucking fantastic.

Edited by LionOfGosforth

Aside from the exquisite assist he very nearly scored a superb goal where he flicked it over the defenders head and first time volleyed it at the goal. Didn't have enough power in the end but could've been glorious. My point is, he clearly isn't JUST a CDM or an anchor player, he's got the ability to go box to box and excel in both.

Edited by Mazzy

9 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

He’s gonna get a few people sent off over his time in the PL. Elite shithouse along with an elite footballer.

Cabaye was the same, it's so fucking good to see.

1 hour ago, WillingtonMag said:

Absolute hero already wait until he has some better players around him and a centre forward with good movement and pace to thread some through balls to

You'll only have to wait till the world cup for that [emoji38]

43 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Aside from the exquisite assist he very nearly scored a superb goal where he flicked it over the defenders head and first time volleyed it at the goal. Didn't have enough power in the end but could've been glorious. My point is, he clearly isn't JUST a CDM or and anchor player, he's got the ability to go box to box and excel in both.

Yeah, was never on board with folks previously saying he should come into the team in that deeper role Shelvey had been playing in.

He has to be given the freedom to affect all areas of the pitch, as that really suits him. In particular, his ability to play a killer ball to create a chance, absolutely has to be taken advantage of higher up the pitch.

Edited by KaKa

1 hour ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

The ball to set Almiron away nigh brought a tear to my eye. The back spin he put on it so it hung there for him to control with his head. Just fucking amazing. 

Yea, upon replay I was pretty impressed. 

Edited by McDog

Bruno is one of the most talented players I've seen in centre mid for a long time for us. I mean, we've had some wonderful players in the centre (Speed etc.) - but this guy really is something else. Just a totally different kind of quality, vision and technique. Absolute star in the making for us and the PL.

Fantastic last night. That pass to Almiron was a technical master class. I’m in the Milburn Gallowgate End and could see from there the care and thought put in to slice the pass into Almiron’s path. It was a thing of absolute beauty. Great finish by Miggy but it’s the pass that will stay with me longer. 

The whole build up and the goal was amazing.

Kraft waiting and then finding Bruno in space from the throw in.

Miggy starting a run realising that Bruno has the ball in space and a pass might be on.

Bruno seeing Miggy set off on a run and playing the perfect ball into him.

All in the space of 2 seconds?? Insane [emoji38]

Guest HTT II

Got caught on the ball a few times, but my god, he’s got everything! 4 more players of his level and top 6 should be the aim!

There was a point towards the end where all our players were knackered and not pressing and then you just saw Bruno sprint past 2 or 3 of our own players and charge into a tackle.

Absolutely shattered and still flying round the pitch like a nutter. I love this guy.

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, Papavasiliou said:

There was a point towards the end where all our players were knackered and not pressing and then you just saw Bruno sprint past 2 or 3 of our own players and charge into a tackle.

Absolutely shattered and still flying round the pitch like a nutter. I love this guy.

All in slow-mo too!