Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

It is worth re-reading the Man City thread itself.  Some of those on a high horse on this one were perfectly happy to criticise individual players on that thread.   Happily I don't think Miggy can read English, so we're probably safe from an angry reply on here from Almiron.

0_Screenshot-2022-05-27-at-080511.jpg

11 minutes ago, TBG said:

It's more the bipolar nature of things. 

Not necessarily on here (although it does happen) but players and or the whole team can one game go from being class to "worrying" based on the result i.e a defeat or a draw and Burn is dog dirt, a win and Burn isn't too far off an England call up. 

There doesn't seem to be any middle ground for some people

This so much.
Was laughing away in the ground last week at people moaning about this one or that one, the up and down nature of people is funny.
And the more general thing of player x is sh*te, aye, 18 months ago, we were watching Hayden eating grass every match, Jonjo passing Hollywood balls into the crowd and Colback running aimlessly in a huge circle>
Easier said than done, but some need to chill and enjoy the ride more.

I think there are many folk who don’t fully understand the parasocial relationship with the players (at all teams, not just ours). 

They lose sight that the players are people too, young people at that. They carry a lot of the same insecurities, pressures that we all do. Being well compensated doesn’t make a lot of the shit they get okay. 

There are a sizeable number of folks who it’s part of the ritual go to the pub watch the game, slag off your own players, and if it remains in the pub it’s fine. But when these folks get on socials to try and directly vent at players it crosses the line at times. It’s the nature of the beast I suppose.

Sort of strayed from the original incident here I suppose, which was just a clickbait post to start arguments. 

2 hours ago, LV said:

I’m fucking sick of the negativity from some quarters me like 

Why haven’t we signed a player yet in the first 2 weeks of a 3 month transfer window?
Why is it taking 3 days to announce a player?

Why can’t we sell our shite players for money?

Why didn’t Bruno get his ankle operated on and stop being shite? 
Why is Miggy not being replaced? 

Just no sense of the bigger picture whatsoever and it’s a total drag. 

Why focus on personal improvement / fix your own problems when you can just project them onto the one thing you spend all of your spare time consuming? That's what it is for me - people getting so personally invested and involved and literally creating news for the sake of just having some news. Sometimes I think we're living in a self-perpetuating nightmare.

18 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

That 360 post just reads like absolutely standard fan media fluff to me. Surprised it got any reaction from a player’s account. 

The criticism is completely wrong in general, but don’t think the post is all that bad. It’s nonsense, but it’s not really offensive. 

I think the sensitivity is due to both himself and Joelinton being targeted with the crafty photo. It did look like Big Joe was targeted by the City press as they will know he is the least accomplished out of our midfield trio, and they did manage to hurry him into giving away possession a couple of times. Not that there is any shame in it, we are talking about the best team in the world.

5 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

I think there are many folk who don’t fully understand the parasocial relationship with the players (at all teams, not just ours). 

They lose sight that the players are people too, young people at that. They carry a lot of the same insecurities, pressures that we all do. Being well compensated doesn’t make a lot of the shit they get okay. 

There are a sizeable number of folks who it’s part of the ritual go to the pub watch the game, slag off your own players, and if it remains in the pub it’s fine. But when these folks get on socials to try and directly vent at players it crosses the line at times. It’s the nature of the beast I suppose.

Sort of strayed from the original incident here I suppose, which was just a clickbait post to start arguments. 

Add in those if they see players in public have to dash over and have a selfie and chat on as if they are mates. Leave them the fuck alone man, let them have their own lives away from the pitch.

Edited by madras

1 minute ago, madras said:

Add in those if they see players in public have to dash over and have a selfie and  hat on as if they are mates. Leave them the fuck alone man, let them have their own lives away from the pitch.

I always found that oddball behaviour (unless it’s a kid doing it).  

26 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

There isn't anyone on this site who hasn't levelled criticism of what they view as poor performances - including the Man City game the other day.  People are just being selective in who they deem worthy of criticism (or not).

I know, I’m guilty of it too, though I’ve been trying, (in general life as well as football) to avoid the criticism in favour of saying something positive or at least something constructive about how the team is performing as a whole. 

Bruno hasn’t half over reacted there. The post is daft and written so badly and the inclusion of the 4 players picture is fuckin stupid but I think 360 are actually saying it’s too early to criticise players. Don’t think the post was needed but as has been said that’s the problem with these account and needing tweet interaction  

Really there's no need to post anything at all about football this season. We are mint, all the players are excellent, all the signings are class, the players give everything, the manager is borderline perfect. Anything we do this season is almost bound to be way above any realistic expectation before the takeover. 

Yet somehow the more excited we are the more pointless content we generate. Me very much included :lol:

Just now, AJ9 said:

I know, I’m guilty of it too, though I’ve been trying, (in general life as well as football) to avoid the criticism in favour of saying something positive or at least something constructive about how the team is performing as a whole. 

Yeah, I don’t doubt it’s the right approach.  I usually feel less stressed when trying to do that (being venomous isn’t usually all that cathartic).

I tend to get critical when I know a good player is capable of more than a lesser player playing at their maximum - but I also forget that these blokes are human beings, and maintaining perfection is usually reserved for a handful of players on the planet.

Happily, I don’t think anyone on here has posted owt as obnoxious as that NUFC360 post

I agree with what some have said in this thread. Twitter is an absolute congregation of utter morons within our fanbase. It is best avoided at all costs, i probably should delete it but I use it for other interests too. 

Just now, Scoot said:

I agree with what some have said in this thread. Twitter is an absolute congregation of utter morons within our fanbase. It is best avoided at all costs, i probably should delete it but I use it for other interests too. 

And it's good for those other interests? :lol:

If you’re failing to enjoy the team as it is right now I think football might not be for you. 

We passed Villa off the park last week and we’re but a few days/week away from the Champions League draw. 

Anytime I even come close to being frustrated at this lot I just remind myself I didn’t want to even watch some of the last games under Ashley. I’d catch the highlights. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m disappointed when we don’t win or frustrated if we fluff a chance, but that feeling disappears so quickly because it’s just fun again. 

I lost my voice a bit after the friendly in New Jersey because I just want to support this lot. Even if I thought Bruno was having a stinker I’d rather cheer him through it than criticise him. A lot of the players this daft minority want to criticise are the ones who took us on a mad run to escape relegation and then got us into the Champions League. 

11 minutes ago, madras said:

Add in those if they see players in public have to dash over and have a selfie and chat on as if they are mates. Leave them the fuck alone man, let them have their own lives away from the pitch.

Always wondered if Alan Shearer has ever walked down Northumberland Street, you'd think it would be pretty impossible with the kids and morons mobbing him.