Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Whilst he hasn't been at the very top of his game, he really hasn't been that bad. 

Opposition coaches have sussed us a bit. He's our linchpin and pretty much the only outball for the defence. When he drops deep, he's frequently marked or has his passing lanes cut off. When he's drawn forward, players run off the back of him.

I thought Tonali would be the one to interchange with him but much like Joelinton he's been pulling wide. It's actually been Trippier coming inside who's offered him the most consistent outball.

He's obviously and emotional lad and his frustration is pretty evident at times. The error v Liverpool came from him trying drive us up the pitch, rather then play the safe sideways pass to Targett.

Howe could stick Longstaff in who will drop back and provide a passing option, but then you're not allowing the on-field relationship between Bruno and Tonali to develop. It definitely needs tweaking though.

Edited by The Prophet

49 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

You might jest, but I’m sure his drop-off in form definitely came around the time his kid was born. 

As committed and doting a parent as Bruno looks, surely he is well away from the screaming child waking up every two hours.

I’m all for equality of parenting early morning wake-up’s (did many myself), but if I was a premier league footballer who’s physical health was worth millions of pounds, I’d probably ask the Mrs for a free pass :bluestar:

52 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

You might jest, but I’m sure his drop-off in form definitely came around the time his kid was born. 

If it can happen to Kenedy it can happen to anyone.

2 hours ago, jackyboy said:

I wonder if some of the transfer talk and contract wrangling have distracted him?

Wasn’t that always the point of the baseless story coming out in first place.

Players should be a little more wise to it but they have phones like the rest of us and read the same bollocks.

He’s had a few off games but overall I think the message from the manager is confusing more than just 1 of the players.

We want to be a pressing counter attacking team or we don’t. We can’t do possession if that’s our plan. In possession we get moved around too easily and suddenly holes are everywhere.

Liverpool were able to do it with 10 men.. let us knock is about aimlessly and then got us out of shape and ripe for a few errors to be punished.

You can’t blame that on individuals on the pitch. They’re just doing what’s being asked of them.

11 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Wasn’t that always the point of the baseless story coming out in first place.

Players should be a little more wise to it but they have phones like the rest of us and read the same bollocks.

He’s had a few off games but overall I think the message from the manager is confusing more than just 1 of the players.

We want to be a pressing counter attacking team or we don’t. We can’t do possession if that’s our plan. In possession we get moved around too easily and suddenly holes are everywhere.

Liverpool were able to do it with 10 men.. let us knock is about aimlessly and then got us out of shape and ripe for a few errors to be punished.

You can’t blame that on individuals on the pitch. They’re just doing what’s being asked of them.

Yeah, I think the solution is to ask Ancelotti to come aboard on the proviso that he has to share managerial duties with Howe. This way Howe can go off to Madrid and study Simeone again, and come back a new man. Howe's a big enough man to not feel undermined. Win win for everyone. It'll be like the 1980 Lakers.

I’m out of touch with what’s happening with Bruno’s contract negotiations, but I hope it is sorted soon. I’ve discovered what is contributing to his drop-off in form…

Spoiler

He’s moonlighting as a Turkish dancer. Even rocking his magic hat! 

IMG_7160.thumb.jpeg.fc877af7bdcde63484cc99072da904d5.jpegIMG_7161.thumb.jpeg.abefa869bc3e03041e63a54fb991604f.jpeg

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

2 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I’m out of touch with what’s happening with Bruno’s contract negotiations, but I hope it is sorted soon. I’ve discovered what is contributing to his drop-off in form…

Reveal hidden contents

He’s moonlighting as a Turkish dancer. Even rocking his magic hat! 

IMG_7160.thumb.jpeg.fc877af7bdcde63484cc99072da904d5.jpegIMG_7161.thumb.jpeg.abefa869bc3e03041e63a54fb991604f.jpeg

What is it then?

https://as.com/futbol/internacional/los-noes-al-liverpool-en-verano-caicedo-andre-bruno-guimaraes-n/

Liverpool tried to acquire the services of Bruno Guimarães, one of the sensations of the Premier League last season, in the last days of the market . For the former Lyon player, considered one of the best players in the English championship, the 'Red' team would come to offer a whopping 100 million pounds (more than 116 million euros in exchange) , meeting with a resounding 'no' for part of Newcastle . The 'Magpies' are in a crucial year within the Saudi megaproject, returning to play in the Champions League, after two decades away, and finding themselves in the group of death along with PSG, Borussia Dortmund and AC Milan.

Guimarães' status within the squad will make him one of Howe's cornerstones this year to try to fight for everything. However, the Carioca's name is listed in 'red' within Liverpool's roadmap for the short-medium term . Of course, Bruno will not be cheap at all, having to offer a much higher amount than what was proposed this summer.

21 hours ago, Rod said:

What is it then?

No big deal, Rod. Just saw a Turkish dancer, yesterday on holiday, who looked like Bruno. Made me chuckle and then laugh out loud when for the second dance he came out wearing a ‘magic hat’/tea cosy. I was close to launching into song before me a knowing (and stern!) look from ‘the boss’ stopped me in my tracks. 

14 hours ago, The Prophet said:

https://as.com/futbol/internacional/los-noes-al-liverpool-en-verano-caicedo-andre-bruno-guimaraes-n/

Liverpool tried to acquire the services of Bruno Guimarães, one of the sensations of the Premier League last season, in the last days of the market . For the former Lyon player, considered one of the best players in the English championship, the 'Red' team would come to offer a whopping 100 million pounds (more than 116 million euros in exchange) , meeting with a resounding 'no' for part of Newcastle . The 'Magpies' are in a crucial year within the Saudi megaproject, returning to play in the Champions League, after two decades away, and finding themselves in the group of death along with PSG, Borussia Dortmund and AC Milan.

Guimarães' status within the squad will make him one of Howe's cornerstones this year to try to fight for everything. However, the Carioca's name is listed in 'red' within Liverpool's roadmap for the short-medium term . Of course, Bruno will not be cheap at all, having to offer a much higher amount than what was proposed this summer.

Hope it was more than a simple “no”. 

Hope it was “fuck off, you bunch of entitled cunts”.