Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Enrique set them up so arrogantly. 

I can only assume he turned in Steve Bruce levels of preparation because he couldn’t have selected a worse approach if he tried.

yep the 4-2-4 seemed what you'd do against a team you expect to roll over, and I would think that would be a bit presumptuous against most teams that have qualified for the champions league tbh. Would expect that naivite more from a new coach like Howe than someone with his experience...

3 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

They're 5th in Ligue 1. Think he's just shite.

He's won a champions league as manager, and I know Roberto Di Matteo has too but he is better than that. He maybe had a very beneficial setup at Barca, and wouldn't shock me if he could never quite replicate that he's no mug, but was strange. PSG are a clownshow who churn through good managers

Edited by Tiresias

4 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Yeah, not looking good for him.

Not sure he knows what to do with the PSG players, as I'm not sure the players there are suitable for his typical style of play.

2 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Another rotten club. It was a failure of a project. When you start paying players obscene amounts of money like what Mbappe is on.. it can only ever lead to the opposite of what we have at our club. Zero togetherness.

Enrique isn’t a shit manager but I don’t think he’s ever been the same since his kid died. Who would in fairness. He’s a classy bloke and was very respectful of us before and after the game.

I said in the pre match thread. That midfield duo looked light. I knew that Zaire-Emery kid was a wonder kid and he played really well. But the 4 options weren’t intimidating. 

The most tactically astute managers have a Bruno plan.  If they don’t, he’ll likely kill their team. And he killed PSG. He’s obviously played them before but he knew what it meant today.  

Even in the very tightest of spots I sigh a relief every time he receives the ball. Having that kind of a press resistant outlet is ridiculously valuable. I love his half turn and outside boot pass when he’s under pressure. 

I know this will get said every time he has a good game.. but the top teams wouldn't blink at £100m for this guy if he continues as he has since he stepped foot in the door. 

He is such a huge presence at this club. 

I really hope he stays for many many years. 

1 hour ago, alexf said:

I know this will get said every time he has a good game.. but the top teams wouldn't blink at £100m for this guy if he continues as he has since he stepped foot in the door. 

He is such a huge presence at this club. 

I really hope he stays for many many years. 

True. Caicedo went for 116...

The way he struck the ball with his right foot was pure arrogance for the second goal and then a second later, pure elegance with a little chipped in cross with his left foot. Best midfielder I've seen play for this club. Without a doubt. 

Great game from him and suicidal from PSG to not engage our mids. Fantastic work from Bruno for both first half goals.

For the headed interception that set up our first, Bruno was 25 yards from their goal, almost right on their D. Longstaff scored from a run deep into the right halfspace. I know they are useful shorthand for other teams' tactics, but the terms "#6" and "#8" mean very little for how we actually play.

4 hours ago, Kanji said:

Teams may offer 100m but there’s prob only 1 club he’d leave us for. 

Id be inclined to agree now. 

It's us or Real Madrid and fair enough. Wouldn't stop him and would just enjoy watching RM. Him and Bellingham eventually.... wowzas. 

We started nervously first few minutes and couldn't string two passes together. It wasn't until Bruno and Schar showed some composure with the ball and then got the others into the game. The rest is history.