Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

6 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

He literally had a clause put in his contract that lowers his release clause for two clubs. 

According to who?

No one other than those directly involved know what the clause is, but it's highly rumoured to be a release clause that can only be triggered by two clubs - Barca or Real, who will have to pay a tidy sum for him. 

1 minute ago, Armchair Pundit said:

I don't want to lose Bruno, but if we have to, because of FFP or him becoming disillusioned with the speed of the project, I'd want him to go to PSG, Barca or Real Madrid. If that happened I'd hold no ill feeling towards him. He's goes anywhere in the Prem and I'd question our ownership and Bruno would be dead to me.

It would be like your lass leaving you for someone with a much bigger penis.

1 minute ago, Ben said:

In my mind Darren Eales confirmed he would leave in the summer the other week 

Then go back and watch the interview again. He mentions that we’ll have to trade players, at no point did he mention having to sell one of our better players though. 

17 minutes ago, TBG said:

According to who?

No one other than those directly involved know what the clause is, but it's highly rumoured to be a release clause that can only be triggered by two clubs - Barca or Real, who will have to pay a tidy sum for him. 

Then there you go. Thats him looking to leave if either Real or Barcelona meet our valuation should the widely reported rumour be true.

Its really not that controversial to suggest Bruno will want to leave if one of Europe's elite come in from him. Nobody has suggested he'll down tools or force a move, but players want to achieve all they can in relatively short careers that can end at any time. Its part and parcel of football - no matter how much he likes it here or how well Dick Moura gets on with our fans.  

5 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Then go back and watch the interview again. He mentions that we’ll have to trade players, at no point did he mention having to sell one of our better players though. 

My thoughts exactly, he was discussing the FFP options, increasing revenues or player trading - it was the mainstream media that sensationalised that one of Bruno, Botman and Isak will be sold - sickening 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Which ones are reporting he's unhappy?

It was some very crappy low profile sites. But still a couple were. I assume they just piggy back off each other spouting shit.

I refuse to believe he is unhappy. He could however be thinking this season is a poor one with European football looking bleak next season?

There’s no way he’s unhappy. 

Of course he would rather be in the CL but surely he knows that we had an impossible group and were robbed by a decision. 

People don’t just leave clubs based on the league table and nowt else. 

Of course anyone can be sold at any time, I won’t deny that. 

17 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

This is how politicians get votes. 

By saying you’re going to lose something, then not taking it away, making you think you have been given something? (Twice)

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

Fully expect him to leave in the summer for a Champions League club. He would deserve it too given his level of performance. Like someone said, enjoy him while he’s here.

I don’t think Bruno will be going anywhere. January or otherwise.

Hes integral. I know FFP is shafting us but that’s happening to all clubs.

We just need to see out this season and do the very best we can.

Then we can shift some deadwood.

Bruno is obviously not going anywhere in January. We have Tonali banned, Joelinton out for the season and Willock seemingly permanently injured as well. Bruno is the only player stopping us from having a Championship at best midfield 3, why would we sell him? Obviously he has a release clause that may well be tied to Madrid or Barca, but even if it wasn't is anyone paying about £100m for him? He's class but £100m is Bellingham money.

1 hour ago, Decky said:

Bruno is obviously not going anywhere in January. We have Tonali banned, Joelinton out for the season and Willock seemingly permanently injured as well. Bruno is the only player stopping us from having a Championship at best midfield 3, why would we sell him? Obviously he has a release clause that may well be tied to Madrid or Barca, but even if it wasn't is anyone paying about £100m for him? He's class but £100m is Bellingham money.

Or Caicedo, Rice or Fernandez money, he's more of a sure thing than any of those