Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

That moment is the first time make me intrigued to see Bruno playing higher with someone sitting behind. Never quite thought he would be suited to the higher role as we all know he's got zero pace. But his close control is up there with the best in our squad and it was a nice burst away from the defender. Would also mean he could press high like he seems to want to do without the risk of a massive gap behind if they get past his press. 

38 minutes ago, alexf said:

That moment is the first time make me intrigued to see Bruno playing higher with someone sitting behind. Never quite thought he would be suited to the higher role as we all know he's got zero pace. But his close control is up there with the best in our squad and it was a nice burst away from the defender. Would also mean he could press high like he seems to want to do without the risk of a massive gap behind if they get past his press. 

Sure he played higher up the pitch when he first came and Shelvey was the deep lying player. He popped up with a few goals as well when we avoided relegation. 

8 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

Sure he played higher up the pitch when he first came and Shelvey was the deep lying player. He popped up with a few goals as well when we avoided relegation. 

100% this. It's been a big option we've been eschewing for a long time. Pretty sure, based on interviews, Guimaraes thinks of it as his favourite position too.

he did look really, really good as a number 10 in the second half, mind. We desperately need a DM if we want to do something like that though.

Whoever plays at the base of the midfield needs to be able to control games and calm things down when needed, it’s what we’ve always lacked and I think it’s clear now that Bruno isn’t that guy. Even when we’re in good form our games get too chaotic for my liking. I’ve 100% come round to the idea of a DM.

59 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Whoever plays at the base of the midfield needs to be able to control games and calm things down when needed, it’s what we’ve always lacked and I think it’s clear now that Bruno isn’t that guy. Even when we’re in good form our games get too chaotic for my liking. I’ve 100% come round to the idea of a DM.

I wonder if Howe has, as well? I hope so. 

2 hours ago, Myleftboot said:

On the team sheet he did, on the pitch he just bossed the middle and would tell Shelvey where he wanted him.

4 hours ago, Kimbo said:

Don’t agree, Bruno is brilliant in the middle position. We just need people who can run, pass and control the ball to put with him. 

The signing of Tonali very much suggests Bruno is staying at 6. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Is Bruno wasted in his position at the minute. When Tonali was playing a lot of people were saying it wasn’t working with him and Bruno so maybe next season(if Bruno’s still here) could be:

Tonali.     New Cm.     Bruno.

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Is Bruno wasted? No, I don’t think so. 

Could be now. Day off..... no game until next Saturday. I would be if I didn't have work in the morning.

There's such a drop off from Bruno. Not even sure who our next best passer would be, Trippier? Always envious of teams like Liverpool who seem to be overflowing with the bastards.

Edited by JUICE690

Just now, JUICE690 said:

There's such a drop off from Bruno. Not even sure who our next best passer would be. Trippier? Always envious of teams like Liverpool who seem to be overflowing with the bastards.

These teams unfortunately have years, sometimes decades of football DNA which carries from the top to the bottom.

We will get there one day, hopefully.

53 minutes ago, JUICE690 said:

There's such a drop off from Bruno. Not even sure who our next best passer would be, Trippier? Always envious of teams like Liverpool who seem to be overflowing with the bastards.

tripps and schar

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, PauloGeordio said:

Naa, not disciplined enough to play the role he is in though [emoji38] 

Leave Bruno where he is as he’s class.

16 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Naa, not disciplined enough to play the role he is in though [emoji38] 

Leave Bruno where he is as he’s class.

Let's let him carry on doing do all that, just further up the pitch?

Yes, I've got no serious criticisms of how he handles his current role. It's just a question of whether he'd be more devastating if he spends more time closer to the opposition's goal. I'm sure he would. We'd need new players or a tactical rethink to do that though.