Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

On 02/03/2024 at 18:24, huss9 said:

he has no pace but fuck me he has a brain and a hell of an engine on him.

never stopped from the first minute to the last.

was everywhere.

You say that, and I'm pretty much of the same opinion, but check his run for our first goal on Saturday!!! That's a pretty fast run.

1 minute ago, captainhaircut said:

He always seems to run much faster going forward than when he has to chase back towards our own goal…

I'm the opposite when it comes to my job. Slow to but quick back.

18 minutes ago, captainhaircut said:

He always seems to run much faster going forward than when he has to chase back towards our own goal…

He is on a Kinder choccy bonus for goal involvements. 

The slow thing is funny.

People noticed it early doors... and then other people ridiculed the observation.

I think people have finally landed that he is a bit slow. But what a fantastic player.

He has a great overall engine, is aggressive, makes fantastic runs, he's definitely mobile but the actual speed of his running is fairly slow. Even at his best, Longstaff is similar (in terms of engine and making runs). Get some athleticism around Bruno and understanding and the midfield quality shoots up.

This lad is brilliant.

Not probably saying anything new here I guess turn of pace isn't there but stamina and conditioning must be through the roof his heat maps regularly see him all over the place and it feels like he has played every minute this season. 

Also this isn't a criticism of say Gordan but he doesn't need to knock it forward and get into a foot race with anyone his close control is top notch he will just go through you or spin around you. While the number of cards maybe doesn't paint this side of him very well but he is great at drawing a foul out of people knowing when to shield the ball and offer the body up to draw a foul is a particular skill  itself.

I know some will say if we cash in it allows a rebuild I just think what he has in spades isn't something you will get from many other players.

5 hours ago, Heron said:

I think he's been fairly outstanding these last 3 or 4 weeks. I seem to be watching a different game to others I know though :lol:

He's been fighting a one man war. It hasn't been perfect, but it has been very impressive.

5 hours ago, captainhaircut said:

I think he tries to save himself for big moments in the game. He knows he can't do it all the time. I think the first goal was perfect for him as it was early in the game, there was a big opening and he was clearly vital to it succeeding i.e. he burnt up maximum energy.

Bruno def did not look slow at all busting his ass to get into that position on the Isak goal. He was about that quick too when he scored that epic header v Leicester at home. He def isn't busting a lung heading back to goal to defend....

On 02/03/2024 at 11:24, huss9 said:

he has no pace but fuck me he has a brain and a hell of an engine on him.

never stopped from the first minute to the last.

was everywhere.

I’ve observed this in many other sports. A player who isn’t quick at all, but seems to think and react quicker than other players. Thus covering up for his lack in physical speed. 

Luka Doncic/Nikola Jokic come to mind. 

I think Bruno’s skill set will age very well. If your mind is quick and you can read it he game, then you already have a few steps on other players. 

Obviously not comparing him to the above basketball players as they are far more accomplished in their sport than Bruno is so far. 

The footballers who come to mind for me are Kroos and Modric. Can still impact a match but even though they have lost a few steps. 

Edited by Sufi

6 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Bloke will be at Newcastle longer than Derek Wright imo. 

He's so bloody unhinged and loveable all at the same time.