Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Bruno’s future will depend on ourselves. He’d have known it’s a project, and seen the investment over last two summers since he came as step forwards, but he will know just as well as we do, that outside the new signings, the squad is so bad and will hold us back. Needs some statement signings or he will express desires to win stuff and I won’t begrudge him that. Got 2 1/2 years of quality out of him. Fully expect one more and him gone in 2025 unless we break back into UCL.  

14 hours ago, duo said:

Performances like today just make me even more convinced he is off in the summer.  He looked like a man on a mission today.

Unfortunately I think given his age and quality he's just too good for us at this moment in time. His performances remind me of the sort of cut above kind the likes of Grealish, Modric etc gave in the months before their big move.

Imagine it'll be Man City because Pep's obsessed with him.

7 minutes ago, dcmk said:

If he were to leave would rather he go to PSG than Man City.

I would be GUTTED to see him go to City. Do they even need him? Am not sure where he would fit in..just be pure greed.

Edited by duo

3 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

Get through Fulham without a yellow and he can then return to clattering people to his heart's content.  

15 is the next ban.  So just hope he doesn't get 6 more before the end of the season :lol: 

Brilliant. 1 more game it is then.

37 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Brilliant. 1 more game it is then.

2, apparently.  Either I misread the article (think it was the Gazette) or they have it wrong.  Needs to get through Fulham and Spurs.  

9 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

2, apparently.  Either I misread the article (think it was the Gazette) or they have it wrong.  Needs to get through Fulham and Spurs.  

Can you stop giving me false information please!

it's an incredible run he's on without a booking and with the threat of 2 game suspension hanging over him 

I'm sure he realises how indispensable he is to the team right now and is no doubt under strict instructions to be as disciplined as possible 

Some people were mad that he wasn’t fouling people on Saturday when West Ham was countering. Didn’t really understand it, stopping one attack which most likely doesn’t result in a goal simply isn’t worth missing him for two matches. 

Edited by Pata

1 minute ago, Ginola14 said:

it's an incredible run he's on without a booking and with the threat of 2 game suspension hanging over him 

I'm sure he realises how indispensable he is to the team right now and is no doubt under strict instructions to be as disciplined as possible 

Am I the only one thinking the fear of collecting a booking has actually improved him and he’s using his brain much more and controlling his aggression at the right moments? Mind you you know he’ll pick up that booking just before his ban lapses the way our season has been :lol:

Looking forward to see him play for us next season with a stronger squad around him battling again on hopefully four fronts again.

toss up between him and AG for our player of the season 

a lot of Bruno's work isn't always as noticeable but he's so influential and we don't win games without him 

8 hours ago, Newcastle Fan said:

He's incredible and he will definitely be thinking about the likes of Real Madrid in the summer, it will be a challenge to keep him if we are not in Europe.

I think people underestimate the appeal of playing for this club. If you have never been here maybe you wouldn't get it, but Bruno will know he'll not get the love of the city at Madrid or Paris like he does here. If we can pay him top dollar he would earn elsewhere I think he stays as long as we are CL contenders. If next season is a bust aye he'll go. But I think we'll be a lot better prepared next time round and we'll have a stormer.

Edited by TRon

10 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Am I the only one thinking the fear of collecting a booking has actually improved him and he’s using his brain much more and controlling his aggression at the right moments? Mind you you know he’ll pick up that booking just before his ban lapses the way our season has been :lol:

Looking forward to see him play for us next season with a stronger squad around him battling again on hopefully four fronts again.

true I'd say he's upped his game a bit and is next in line for the captaincy, seems like a natural leader 

2 minutes ago, Ginola14 said:

true I'd say he's upped his game a bit and is next in line for the captaincy, seems like a natural leader 

That might keep him for another season or so. There’s no doubt he loves the club.. I think it’ll be Madrid, Bayern or Barca he goes to if he ever leaves. He’d be wasting his time at PSG and he knows it.

He wouldn’t go to Bayern as they can’t afford him. It’ll be PSG, Man City or Real Madrid.

Not sure he wants to go back to France, but it’s Paris and he seems to spend time there with his days off. Real are stacked with young central midfielders and you’d think they don’t have the money to get him considering what they’re already spending this summer. I can only see him at Man City as we have a good relationship with the owners and they will pay the money.

I just don’t want him going anywhere and I’m gutted we’re so hamstrung financially that it’s even being contemplated. Just take the points deduction!

11 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

He wouldn’t go to Bayern as they can’t afford him. It’ll be PSG, Man City or Real Madrid.

Not sure he wants to go back to France, but it’s Paris and he seems to spend time there with his days off. Real are stacked with young central midfielders and you’d think they don’t have the money to get him considering what they’re already spending this summer. I can only see him at Man City as we have a good relationship with the owners and they will pay the money.

I just don’t want him going anywhere and I’m gutted we’re so hamstrung financially that it’s even being contemplated. Just take the points deduction!

We’ve got him for at least another season. Give him the armband, dream fall in love. He did! :smitten:

If he gets booked in either of the next couple of games he is better off then taking a second booking to get himself sent off and just serve a one match ban :lol:

6 minutes ago, Nobody said:

If he gets booked in either of the next couple of games he is better off then taking a second booking to get himself sent off and just serve a one match ban :lol:

Yep. I'm surprised more people don't do that. Just boot the ball away in the 93rd minute. Second yellow