Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

2 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

What are they singing in that video? 

Bruno’s fkn magic.

he wears a magic hat.

he could have signed for Arsenal.

but he said “no, fuck that”.

he wants to play for Eddie in the famous black and white.

and when we win the premiership, we’ll sing this song all night.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

6 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Main reason we’re doing well at the moment is that we’re matching everyone in the midfield. Even Rice today had a very tough game against us and was quiet by his standards.

Physicality is a big part of that, J7, Shelvey and Willock are all 6ft+ players, Bruno is 5’10? Howe is probably asking him to improve upper body strength before he gets thrown in. He’s doing the right thing by him.

But he should be getting more than 5 mins.

He's near enough 6 ft according to Wiki, like. Definitely looks smaller though. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

What are they singing in that video? 

Sounds like

Bruno's fucking magic, he wears a magic hat, he could have signed for Arsenal but he said oh fuck that, he wants to sign for Eddie and the famous black and white, and when we win the Premier League we'll sing this song all night

(same as Ritchie, switched with Eddie/Arsenal/Premier League)

Edited by Inferior Acuña

2 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Matt ritchie’s fucki g magic, he wears a magic hat, he could have signed for Wrst Ham but he said fuck that, he wants to sign for Rafa and the famous black and white……

Say what you like about Ritchie, but we did win the Championship....  

I remember the tune from “Don Goodman’s a wanker, he wears a wankers hat, he plays for fucking Sunderland, and he is a fucking twat. He runs down the left wing, he runs down the right.  He couldn’t score for Sunderland if he played all fucking night Ohhhh….. “ days. Guess it a generational thing. 

14 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

He has to come in for shelvey.

Thought Shelvey has done everything right last half dozen games tbf, I’m no fan of him but he’s done nothing to warrant dropping .

I get the feeling that we'll need a situation where we're a goal down with 30 minutes left before we see him for any length of time. Either that, or an injury to Joelinton, Shelvey or Willock.

Points are precious, and Howe doesn't want to take a risk from a good position. 

I know it will always be seen as him being ‘dropped’. But at the same time, if we want a bit more of a foothold in the middle and some control of the ball and tempo. I don’t see how Shelvey fits Howe’s plans long term.

Hypothetical at this stage. But are we thinking Bruno can’t do any better than what Shelvey is doing at the minute? Pro sport is pretty ruthless and no room for sentiment. Even if it would seem harsh to bench Shelvey on his current form. 

I do expect Guimaraes to come in at some point and to my untrained eye. The most obvious swap is for Shelvey. 

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The bizarre thing is that none of the midfield three deserve to be dropped in current form. Imagine saying that pre-Howe, it's incredible really.

It's really positive that they've all risen to the challenge and not just given up, assuming that they are going to be dropped.

I see him eventually replacing Shelvey in the team as the deep playmaker and tempo setting midfielder. Willock and Joelinton are different types of players and their individual attributes and contributions are far too critical to be replaced by Bruno G. 

Just now, Kanji said:

I see him eventually replacing Shelvey in the team as the deep playmaker and tempo setting midfielder. Willock and Joelinton are different types of players and their individual attributes and contributions are far too critical to be replaced by Bruno G. 

I'd like that too but I think Howe rates Shelvey

3 hours ago, Kanji said:

Wow, I don’t think you guys appreciate Bruno. There is nothing that Willock offers that Bruno does not. On the other hand,Bruno is a much better passer, dribbler, and tackler than Willock. He reads the game better and offers excellent off the ball movements. He’s soon to become a regular starter in the Brazilian national team, and we say he can’t replace a midtable-tier Willock? 

Edited by Solitude20

1 minute ago, Solitude20 said:

Wow, I don’t think you guys appreciate Bruno. There is nothing that Willock offers that Bruno does not. On the other, Bruno is a much better passer, dribbler, and tackler than Willock. Je reads the game better and offers excellent off the ball movements. He’s soon to become a regular starter in the Brazilian national team, and we say he can’t replace a midtable-tier Willock? 

I don't disagree but there is more to building a squad and team than simply picking 11 players.

Eddie Howe is balancing squad harmony right now and doing a good job at it.

Bruno will play soon and we all suspect he will be class. Right now he's like a trump card that we can use at any time.