Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

52 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I missed most of the second half so didn’t see him play. Where did play when he came off and how did Howe change it as he came on for Murphy? 

Looked like we changed from a 4-3-3 to a 4-2-3-1, him and Shelvey as the two, Joelinton on the right and Willock central.

Thought Shelvey played well today so wouldn't be surprised if Bruno starts on the bench again against Brighton, but it's clear as day that of the current midfield 3, if one of them is to be sacrificed, it's Shelvey. 

Loved how positive he was. Always looking to get on the ball and seeing if a forward pass was on. He didn’t mind receiving a pass under pressure or making one to a teammate who had a marker. 

Just that and also the fact he passed and moved and was busy, is an extra dimension to this midfield. No passing it and then admiring it and loafing off. 

As good as the 3 have been. Shelvey does things in slow motion. He actually looked better when Bruno came on next to him. Joelinton isn’t one to get on the ball loads in the middle, just better at winning it back.  Seems more comfortable in wider areas for some reason. Willock is a runner and a bloody good one at that. Just not great with his passing (as in how many he makes, not accuracy) and not regularly showing for the ball. 

Hard to judge against ten. But I really liked what I saw. Not sure how he fits in the starting XI. But he should be starting IMO. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

Really like the look of him, he was instantly dictating the game after he came on and is the type of player that will make the pitch feel 10 yards wider each side.

I wouldn't be surprised, however, if he makes a costly mistake or two as he gets used to the division. He seems to like to hold the ball whilst he's manoeuvring to make a progressive pass and can see him getting caught out as he gets up to speed. 

If he starts, players in front of him needs to work on anticipating passes this coming week. He played some lovely balls into space, but players in front of him didn't react until the ball was played.

Edited by Conjo

7 minutes ago, Conjo said:

If he starts, players in front of him needs to work on anticipating passes this coming week. He played some lovely balls into space, but players in front of him didn't react until the ball was played.

Wilson can't come back soon enough.

Played one luscious through ball, just after his shot wide, that should have amounted to more n all. His tackling technique is a bit off though, might need some work albeit the state of the Brentstoke players it’s no surprise he didn’t want to get leg snapped. 

Hasn't even started a game yet but he's gesturing to our right back where to run WHILE he's in possesion of the ball.

We've had midfielders in the past who have failed to communicate accurately in their post match interviews.:lol:

3 hours ago, LFEE said:

In more ways than one maybe. Didn’t look the most physical though maybe more mobile.

I think he's smart, very intelligent in how he moves, decides the short pass, the through ball, the soft ball, etc, its easy to see on that showing, he's extremely intelligent and has the passing qualities. 

If Wilson had been on the pitch or a player with equal intelligence, then Bruno might have been looking at two assists. 

Some players today just weren't quick enough, with time though, they'll get how sharp he is, so I guess that equally improves their game.

I think I'm going to love this lad in time.

Naturally, he doesn't look at full sharpness yet, nor would I expect him to be, but I think Eddie Howe's management of him has been spot on and the way he's been eased into games is fantastic.

It'll all come to amazing fruition by the time the new season starts. 

Ive got an awful feeling that Bruno gonna be a bit part player until Howe can rejig the midfield in the next transfer window.

Howe cant drop Big Joe as hes the only one who does what he does at the club.

Little Joe might be droppable on occasion, but will still play lots of games as he seems to be over his toe injury and is coming into form at the business end of the season. Bruno could start if Little Joe was pushed into that wide forward position on the right hand side but that means no Fraser or those runs from deep arriving late into the box. However, we know that Wood likes to pull defenders out of their zone to create space so maybe Willock could take advantage of this from out wide??

Shelvey again might be droppable but in the event that Schar and Burn play in defense, Shelvey is the senior player and hes captain. Hes also playing really well. The obvious player to replace is Shelvey but that would be unfair on him on current form - plus as captain, if he was dropped then who takes the armband? This wouldnt be a problem if Trippier was fit but hes not available. So Schar? Big Joe?

Weve gone from being well stocked at central defense for a few years to being the same in central midfield.

Shoehorning Bruno into the team might create as many problems elsewhere as it solves. Leaving him out and restricting him to cameos risks pissing Bruno off.

So im not sure what the answer is - maybe deliberate and regular rotation of central midfield?? But Howe likes a settled team...

Folk are missing the point , if the team is playing well and picking up points what’s the problem ? It’s what we all want , if he forces his way into the team it will be on merit , if not it’s because what we want is happening.

We need to get used to having big players out the team , welcome to the future , it’s hard to comprehend but that’s what will happen .