Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

1 hour ago, Adam said:

I'd love to see him playing futsal, like. You can see so much of it in his play. He's so instinctively brilliant with the ball but he's also really good/near perfect in defensive one-on-one situations. 

So much to be said, and a lot has already been said, and this too probably.  But I really love how both willing as well as good he is at finding space and offer his team mates an option to pass to. It’s so clear and obvious how good his awareness and off the ball movement is. He does it so well so that he often gets more time on the ball. When he doesn’t get time on it he’s brutally calm and composed and gets away with the ball in possession time after time. Such good technical ability. 

47 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

And without wishing to reenergise the fucking athleticism discussion [emoji38], he's wayyyyy more mobile than Cabaye for me.

He's clearly on another level. 

Cabaye was a good player for us but he was not very mobile and couldn't take players on - which is a big weakness for a modern central midfielder.

Edited by ponsaelius

13 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

He's clearly on another level. 

Cabaye was a good player for us but he was not very mobile and couldn't take players on - which is a big weakness for a modern central midfielder.

I always thought he gave away a lot of fouls because he was late in the challenge due to the relative lack of pace, but he was willing to put his foot in to begin with so that was a big plus. Not to mention he was a superb player when he was on the ball. Not a dribbler, but always spotted the early pass, and had a great right foot.

Apparently, European giants Real Madrid set to launch summer bid for Newcastle United star Bruno Guimaraes.

According to reports in Spain, Real Madrid want to sign Bruno Guimaraes as part of their summer rebuild following the 2022 World Cup.

The 24-year-old has made a blistering start to life in the Premier League and has already become a fan favourite after just six starting appearances.

With several of Real Madrid’s key players entering their late 30s, Spanish newspaper AS report that they are looking to reinvest in the future and build a team that can last for another decade.

He may well have impressed the La Liga giants following a stunning start to life on Tyneside, but Bruno seems like the very last player who could leave the club this summer.

Not only did he joined in January, the Brazilian international is clearly loving life on Tyneside and recently admitted that he hopes to become a legend at Newcastle and play hundreds of games for the club.

With us now backed by extremely wealthy owners and building towards a bright future, this feels like a non-starter.

It’s easy to see why Real Madrid could want him, however he already feels like a player who could grow with the club and be a driving force being this exciting new project at St James’ Park.

Edited by prefabtoon

30 minutes ago, prefabtoon said:

Apparently, European giants Real Madrid set to launch summer bid for Newcastle United star Bruno Guimaraes.

According to reports in Spain, Real Madrid want to sign Bruno Guimaraes as part of their summer rebuild following the 2022 World Cup.

The 24-year-old has made a blistering start to life in the Premier League and has already become a fan favourite after just six starting appearances.

With several of Real Madrid’s key players entering their late 30s, Spanish newspaper AS report that they are looking to reinvest in the future and build a team that can last for another decade.

He may well have impressed the La Liga giants following a stunning start to life on Tyneside, but Bruno seems like the very last player who could leave the club this summer.

Not only did he joined in January, the Brazilian international is clearly loving life on Tyneside and recently admitted that he hopes to become a legend at Newcastle and play hundreds of games for the club.

With us now backed by extremely wealthy owners and building towards a bright future, this feels like a non-starter.

It’s easy to see why Real Madrid could want him, however he already feels like a player who could grow with the club and be a driving force being this exciting new project at St James’ Park.

Yeah, just read that here as well: https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/04/21/report-amanda-staveley-could-soon-suffer-a-major-setback-in-her-project-at-newcastle/

Rumours are rumours. We are also linked with tons of players. So I'd take it with a pinch of salt at this stage.

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

We should start looking at some of Real Madrid's best players and consider chucking in a few bids.

I don't think we are in that position (yet), but I get what you're saying. If Ashley had been our owner this kind of rumour would be an absolute nightmare, because you'd know he'd be sold without any replacement in line what so ever.

With the new owners I'm more confident that has flipped 180*. Don't get me wrong here, but I think it would be difficult to retain Bruno Guimarães if RM came knocking atm. But of course, I'd expect them to pay a ridiculous amount of money to get him.