Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

16 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Anyone else utterly overjoyed that, unlike any other time we have somehow ended up with a superstar on our hands, we can feel pretty safe worshiping Bruno like the god he is. Now we're one of the richest teams in the world its nice to know that we can:

A) Promise to do everything we can to match even his loftiest ambition.

B) Not have to worry about Ashley selling him as soon as he gets a bid that gives him a little profit on the initial transfer. 

Was always wary fully committing to a player when they started doing really well for us, as it usually meant it was only a matter of time till he was off. I can honestly see Bruno being Newcastle captain one day. 

Yes and no.  

Probably getting ahead of myself.  But if he carries on at this trajectory.  Could one of the European elite level clubs come in for him?  I don't think it's that unrealistic to think that might happen.  

He does seem genuine with his comments and passionate about the 'project'.  The fact he decided to join a relegation scrap, bought into the club's vision and backed his own ability does speak volumes, mind. 

51 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Anyone else utterly overjoyed that, unlike any other time we have somehow ended up with a superstar on our hands, we can feel pretty safe worshiping Bruno like the god he is. Now we're one of the richest teams in the world its nice to know that we can:

A) Promise to do everything we can to match even his loftiest ambition.

B) Not have to worry about Ashley selling him as soon as he gets a bid that gives him a little profit on the initial transfer. 

Was always wary fully committing to a player when they started doing really well for us, as it usually meant it was only a matter of time till he was off. I can honestly see Bruno being Newcastle captain one day. 

C) Getting Pardewed/Bruced

Guest HTT II

I think he’ll be here for a few years and if we aren’t competing then he’ll move, that said, even if we were, Real Madrid are a massive pull for any player to turn down. 

All clubs are susceptible to players wanting to leave, whatever the reason. We are going to lose players that we like. The difference now is that we’ll get what they’re worth, by and large, and they’ll be replaced ASAP.

10 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

All clubs are susceptible to players wanting to leave, whatever the reason. We are going to lose players that we like. The difference now is that we’ll get what they’re worth, by and large, and they’ll be replaced ASAP.

You mean we won’t sign an out of contract Mackem this time?

17 hours ago, Dr Venkman said:

This got me thinking. How many players have Man city lost since their takeover?

I'm talking about players they didn't want to sell but were forced to because the player wanted to leave? 

They sold Ferran Torres recently but he was hardly a star player for them.

Edited by Joey47

4 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

I'm talking about players they didn't want to sell but were forced to because the player wanted to leave? 

They sold Ferran Torres recently but he was hardly a start player for them.

Tevez? 

Hopefully we can do similar and not have players wanting out to more established clubs during our rise.

Man city had it easier than us in that they didn't really have to worry too much about FFP so their rise to the top was fast and it never felt like they were going backwards. 

The thing I like about him is his character. He's ambitious and wants to win things but, and this is what suits us, I  think, he's happy to be competing. As long as we continue to progress he'll be happy here. If he's on £1million a week in five years... Imagine the wage structure.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bruno-guimaraes-newcastle-united-plans-23799475

Bruno Guimaraes' agent Alexis Malalvolta says that part of the club's ambitious plans shared with the Brazil star included a push for the Champions League places - next season.

Malalvolta, speaking to Tutto sport, said: "He has always been very motivated to accept challenges, he never backs down. "Bruno is delighted with the choice made; he feels good.

"His goal was clear from the start: to help the team get out of the relegation zone and take them to the Champions League next season. And, why not, try to win the Premier League.

"He has already made it clear in his interviews that he went to Newcastle to be a legend like Alan Shearer. He wants to leave his name in the history of the club."

53 minutes ago, Manxst said:

If it’s been sold to Bruno like that, we’re gonna be spending a shitload of cash this summer…forget all this 50-100m talk. 

Mad thing we could actually be a decent window away from being in the mix going by current form. 

4 hours ago, Joey47 said:

They sold Ferran Torres recently but he was hardly a star player for them.

They lost Sane to Bayern because he wouldn't sign a new deal.

Bruno Guimaraes' agent Alexis Malalvolta says that part of the club's ambitious plans shared with the Brazil star included a push for the Champions League places - next season.

Malalvolta, speaking to Tutto sport, said: "He has always been very motivated to accept challenges, he never backs down. "Bruno is delighted with the choice made; he feels good.

"His goal was clear from the start: to help the team get out of the relegation zone and take them to the Champions League next season. And, why not, try to win the Premier League.

"He has already made it clear in his interviews that he went to Newcastle to be a legend like Alan Shearer. He wants to leave his name in the history of the club."

In recent days it has emerged that Real Madrid were keen on Bruno and his agent has now confirmed interest from Juve in Serie A. He said: "Yes, there were really some contacts with Juventus. I can confirm that. January is a quick window to enter into negotiations, we couldn’t go too long.

"We had to wait until halfway through the month to see some concrete movements. And Newcastle arrived, who got serious. Bruno couldn’t wait another six months to decide his future in the World Cup year.

"In 2020, in the first window following the pandemic, we asked to see if he could leave. Bruno had just arrived at Lyon, Juve were already interested, but the hypothesis of a loan with option to buy was excluded.

"The former director Juninho told me, stating that the president would sell him only in the face of an offer of €70m. Something very difficult in a world crisis."

Bruno did say in January on arrival that he had been impressed with the owners' plans and after speaking to the Saudi-backed regime, he stated: "The owners were very up front that, this season, the idea is to stay in the Premier League but the main objective in the years to come is to be in the Champions League and, eventually, to win the Champions League.

"It’s already a club with a great tradition, a big history. "I have no doubts about my decision to come here. I believe in everything the owners told me about their project."

22 minutes ago, Slim said:

In recent days it has emerged that Real Madrid were keen on Bruno and his agent has now confirmed interest from Juve in Serie A. He said: "Yes, there were really some contacts with Juventus. I can confirm that. January is a quick window to enter into negotiations, we couldn’t go too long.

"We had to wait until halfway through the month to see some concrete movements. And Newcastle arrived, who got serious. Bruno couldn’t wait another six months to decide his future in the World Cup year.

"In 2020, in the first window following the pandemic, we asked to see if he could leave. Bruno had just arrived at Lyon, Juve were already interested, but the hypothesis of a loan with option to buy was excluded.

"The former director Juninho told me, stating that the president would sell him only in the face of an offer of €70m. Something very difficult in a world crisis."

Bruno did say in January on arrival that he had been impressed with the owners' plans and after speaking to the Saudi-backed regime, he stated: "The owners were very up front that, this season, the idea is to stay in the Premier League but the main objective in the years to come is to be in the Champions League and, eventually, to win the Champions League.

"It’s already a club with a great tradition, a big history. "I have no doubts about my decision to come here. I believe in everything the owners told me about their project."

:smitten:

1 hour ago, Thumbheed said:

Mad thing we could actually be a decent window away from being in the mix going by current form. 

Apart from City an Liverpool..  everyone else is getable next season IMO.