Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Just now, Ikon said:

Pointless! Enjoy it for what it is now instead of worrying or whatever about hypothetical scenarios. 

Aye. I said that during the summer.. no worrying going on for me but I am aware that its possibility and cant convince myself otherwise. Like you say, lets make the most of him.

I remember fretting almost constantly about Rafa leaving and fuck, that was exhausting, and also in the context of him being the only hope. There's a chance Bruno will grow quicker than us but there's no signs whatsoever of him wanting to leave - in fact the total opposite is true. And even if he does end up at Madrid one day for 70, 80, 90, 100 million, it just means he's been consistently brilliant for us, so let's just enjoy that; plus it'll be properly reinvested. 

12 minutes ago, Nine said:

And if the player wanted the move?

No

We are trying to become Real Madrid and he’s a main part of the story. He says he’s at home here and he loves how Eddie is developing him.

He won’t want to leave next summer. If he was that kind of guy he’d have insisted in some kind of release clause (which he didn’t) and we likely wouldn’t have bought him.

Let’s try and be a little more chill and have some belief in our own project and trajectory. 

Edited by LV

Also his relationship with Howe is clearly absolutely brilliant. Their interviews about each other obviously said it all,  but I also really enjoyed how Bruno carried on his walk towards the boss after having come off; Howe hadn't seen him because he was obviously barking orders, and you could tell Bruno just wanted some love off him. :lol: It was very sweet. 

7 hours ago, LV said:

No

We are trying to become Real Madrid and he’s a main part of the story. He says he’s at home here and he loves how Eddie is developing him.

He won’t want to leave next summer. If he was that kind of guy he’d have insisted in some kind of release clause (which he didn’t) and we likely wouldn’t have bought him.

Let’s try and be a little more chill and have some belief in our own project and trajectory. 

We aren't a selling club anymore and I'm sure he's been reassured he won't be playing next to longstaff for the rest of his career 

18 hours ago, DMLeazesender said:

Bruno wont leave - he's fully committed to the project which is materialising and was the reason he signed in the first place.

He clearly loves it here, the club, the city and the fans. He will be here for the majority, if not all, of his career.

Didn’t think anyone was suggesting he’s leaving when the conversation started. Just the fact that this form is defo big money bid type form 

4 hours ago, pedro111 said:

What are the words to his new song?

We’ve got bruno in the middle

He knows exactly what we need

Botman at the back

Isak in attack

Newcastle’s gonna win the premier league

Edited by mikejaxer

5 hours ago, dave s said:

Didn’t think anyone was suggesting he’s leaving when the conversation started. Just the fact that this form is defo big money bid type form 

I agree but I think even if a big money bid came in he wouldn't be interested in leaving and the club wouldn't sell. He's the new bright future of NUFC......thank fuck:lol:

He's not reliant on being particularly strong or fast, so could easily see him performing at this level for the next 7-8 years, and still be a handful for any team in his mid-30's. Have a feeling he'll stay here for a long time. Everything he's said and what I've read about his time in Brazil indicates that he's not particularly interested in joining a club where the table is already set and road to success paved by others, but want to create something on his own. 

Apart from HBA at times doing things only a handful of players in world football can do.  I'm not sure I have ever seen a player in black and white make it all look so easy and effortless.  I'm sure he will get caught in possession at times.  As he is so brave and aggressive on the ball.  But the way he gets out of tight spaces and seems so assured all the time is unreal. 

He kind of reminds me of Fabregas when he receives the ball whilst being marked.  As he isn't quick or particularly large in stature.  But he manages to get his body in and find space on the half turn with a great first touch.    

I know they say for elite level players, the game seems slower for them.  But it's like everyone else is buffering on dial up and he's on a super fast connection.  The definition of playing with a cigar on. 

What a bloke.  

His ability to retain possession and play his teammates passes that have a bit of back spin at times are just unreal. Also can’t get over how he controls the football by rolling the ball with the studs of his boot.