Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

1 hour ago, STM said:

I don't know if its been said yet but the Bruno situation will be one helluva test for our new owners. 

If we end up selling him for 100m, do we reinvest like Spurs did after Bale or Liverpool did after Coutinho? We've seen how little money 100m actually is, in reality.

I'd be putting a new contract on the table very soon.  Double his salary and add a year to his deal.

Double his salary? 🙂 Have you not learned anything this last 12 months what Howe is trying to do with the dressing room?

Musgrove in the Everything is black & white podcast was saying that Bruno was sloppy in the first half and actually did not play that well if you dont count the goals. Also that we should not get carried away with him just yet. They usually have decent opinions, but like what in the living hell was that? Bruno literally did everything. Maybe it was just clickbait or something.

12 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Double his salary? 🙂 Have you not learned anything this last 12 months what Howe is trying to do with the dressing room?

If any of our players get disgruntled because Bruno earns more than them they want a serious look in the mirror.

Let's see how far a policy of paying players 100k a week takes us. It takes us to losing our best players, that's where.

We will CERTAINLY lose Bruno if we refuse to give him more money within the next 18 months.

It's not about players being greedy either, it's about players wanting paid their worth. How can we call Bruno the best midfielder on the planet and then pay him a quarter of the going rate?

14 minutes ago, STM said:

Roy Keane was saying positive things but his eyes were showing him screaming inside.

I'm sure he wishes they'd gotten him. Warms my petty little heart that they can't have him.

16 minutes ago, LFEE said:

We are eventually going to have to pay big wages if we want to break into the top 6 and beyond.

22 minutes ago, STM said:

Roy Keane was saying positive things but his eyes were showing him screaming inside.

He did also say Bruno’s ‘in a rich vein of form’. Which is a bit odd. As even from the 5-10 mins cameos, through to his first start and goal. He has been outstanding in basically every game he has played. 

Only really Brighton that springs to mind and maybe Everton away (may have misremembered) , where his levels have dropped. 

I love Bruno but I did think he struggled in a few games earlier this season.  Adapting to a new position under Howe, we need a DM as I think we need him a little further forward but he was the deepest of our midfielders on the heatmaps against Brentford, scored twice and he controlled the game so what the fuck do I know.   Eddie will know a lot more so probably best for me just to leave it to him.

It was only Brighton where I thought he struggled. That was only off extended highlights, mind. When he’s been fit this season. He has been outstanding. 

Just seen he only played 3 games, then the sub app at the end of the Tranmere game. Then out until last weekend. So not really a massive sample size. 

I just found it odd to mention form. When he has been classy as fuck since the minute he set foot on the pitch in a Newcastle shirt. 

Bruno will leave at some point in the next two years, it’s inevitable as he’s good enough to play for a team competing to win the CL in that timeframe. Fergie couldn’t keep hold of Ronaldo, Liverpool couldn’t keep Coutinho, Newcastle won’t keep Bruno. Real, Barca and now City and PSG get who they want.

Just enjoy watching a top player in the meantime and be confident the owners will invest over the seasons to make the club more and more attractive to top players so the pool of teams who can pick off the squad will get steadily smaller.

As it’s been so poor over the last few seasons people have forgotten what it’s like to have coveted players - Cabaye probably the last one (excluding players sold on relegation, which is a bit of a fire sale). 

I hope we get two more seasons and also hope the fans don’t go loopy at the owners when they make the decision.

He will want champions league football. I hope we will be able to refuse any offers this summer coming up but if we aren't there yet season after it will be tempting to cash in if he wants to go. I hope we can convince him to spend a substantial bit of his career here but he isn't here to settle for Europa league. It will be terrible if he does go one day, but the trick will be keep identifying these exciting players and keep building the squad. Ideally his replacement should be in at least a window before he goes.