Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

3 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Kane wanted to go last summer 

I do reckon if he continues like this then in the summer there will be an improved contracted agreed with an additional year so everyone is happy 

So in the end, Kane changed his mind (and he's still linked with moves mostly). I hope beyond all hope that Bruno stays but minds can change. Hopefully we keep his agent onside!

5 hours ago, Ikon said:

Hypothetically speaking, if he goes then it’s gonna be much more than 100m. It will be very very hard for other clubs to even think about bargaining with us. 

You only sell if he's pushing really hard for the move, but yeah, 100m isn't enough. On top of the CM stats highlighted by the tv, he is also scoring nearly one in two (7 in 17x90 minutes) in the Premier League without playing out and out AM. The eyeballs test also has him hitting throughballs and flicked loopy passes (e.g., Miggy wondergoal) teams can't defend. It's like having Rodri and most of Bernardo Silva in the same package. Two elite players in one.

The unknown is what his Mr. 10% is telling him, but he wasn't a goalscorer when we bought him and was well behind Fred, Casemiro, Fabinho ... for the Brazil team with the World Cup approaching. Coming to NUFC has undeniably been good for him. This should not be forgotten as pundits increasingly give it "Ooh Newcastle are so lucky to have him" and other snidey "too good for them" type comments.

7 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

I’ll be kind and take this as them saying that Bruno’s capable of a bit of magic like HBA was, which is fair enough.

Or more so a player whose talents meant he shouldn't really have came here.

6 hours ago, Tomato Deuce said:

I’ll be kind and take this as them saying that Bruno’s capable of a bit of magic like HBA was, which is fair enough.

Yeah, didn't think it was too bad - interpreted as being about talent rather than similar players.

Maybe gigs but that Brazillian journo that goes on Totally Football Show was saying he really does genuinely love it up with us.

Every team in the world is vulnerable to the lure of Real Madrid, including Man City, Bayern, Juve etc. We've got an absolute diamond on our hands and we've got to hope that our thorough scouting into player's personalities and temperaments pays off. If they come in with an offer it's going to have to be a record breaker because we don't need the money and don't want to sell. And at this stage I couldn't see him downing tools to force through a move, but we've seen enough badge-kissers over the years to know how the game works. 

12 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Don't get why Real Madrid would want/need him? I'm aware Kroos and Modric are getting on but they've got Tchouameni, Camavinga and Valverde there who've their best years ahead. Would he even play? Perks of being the biggest club in the world I guess. :lol:

Its pointless nihilism thinking about it, like. Just enjoy it, Newcastle United are 6th and mint and Bruno is class. Now piss off.

Exactly. When you’ve just dropped £100m on two young central midfielders, it would seem fairly ridiculous to spend the same, if not more, on someone else in that position. 

Maybe there’s an argument once Kroos or Modric finish, but until that point they aren’t going big on a central midfielder.

14 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Don't get why Real Madrid would want/need him? I'm aware Kroos and Modric are getting on but they've got Tchouameni, Camavinga and Valverde there who've their best years ahead. Would he even play? Perks of being the biggest club in the world I guess. :lol:

Its pointless nihilism thinking about it, like. Just enjoy it, Newcastle United are 6th and mint and Bruno is class. Now piss off.

Well he is such a good player you can imagine he's just the sort that the best teams would fancy in their side. I don't know much about the players you mentioned, but they must be fucking brilliant if they would keep him out.

That said, I agree, he's going nowhere right now, Madrid have even said that he's bought into the project at Newcastle, so why worry about it?