Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

8 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

VAR had it down as serious foul play, which is a 1 game ban. I think 3 game bans are for violent conduct. 

Could be wrong. Probably am

Don't think that's correct 

Think it does depend what the ref puts down. Could be a 1 game van as it was clumsy but that would be extremely lucky for him. It's a 3er like. Shame.

I'm more worried the cunts at the fa try to shuffle our fixtures to make him miss the final. 

1 minute ago, pedro111 said:

This has been coming for a long time now and tonight he was warned about his tackling numerous times before the sending off. Hopefully he can learn from this and temper his aggression a little going forward. 

But that's how he plays. I would be concerned if he is super dirty and gets sent off a lot. But he isn't.

8 minutes ago, Flip said:

Watch the replay angle again, Brunos foot leaves the same moment as the Southampton players. It’s pure unluck. Bruno can’t redirection is challenge at that point. Stuff like this happens. Clear red, but calling our best player on the pitch tonight for 45minutes (the other 45 minutes our team was nonexistent) is very harsh. Enjoy the fact that we are in a final instead. :lol:  

I am enjoying it :) - he’ll learn and we move on.  I disagree that it’s unlucky mind - it was coming that red

In terms of his overall time at the club, seeing him get sent off isn't too surprising. His attempted tackle against Chelsea was worse. Something to work on, his mindset when clinging on to leads late in games.

Guest reefatoon

Was getting himself a little frustrated at our lack of possession in the second half. Done a couple of silly fouls before the sending off. All pure frustration. 

Yeah, the challenge itself was an unlucky red in that a split second difference and there’s no contact but you can’t come down on someone’s ankle like that and expect to stay on the pitch. Nothing dirty about it, I do think that Bruno’s only weakness is keeping a level head. I hope other teams don’t target him for it 

Can’t argue with the card, it was a horrible tackle and unnecessary. Southampton we’re good in midfield tonight and from just before end of first half they were more than matching us. We were sloppy and looked leggy again.

The ban may be a blessing in disguise for Bruno because he needs to be 100% for the final. A rest will do him good.

Joelinton was excellent tonight so he can deputise in the games he’s out. Plus let’s hope the Gordon effect will boost the team to get through the hump.

"Straight red cards for dissent will result in a two-match ban, while dangerous tackles or violent conduct will result in a three-match ban which can be raised to four or more games in extreme cases"

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Yeah, the challenge itself was an unlucky red in that a split second difference and there’s no contact but you can’t come down on someone’s ankle like that and expect to stay on the pitch. Nothing dirty about it, I do think that Bruno’s only weakness is keeping a level head. I hope other teams don’t target him for it 

He's still relatively young and will mature and calm as he gets older imo. At the moment he's all passion and fire and that's brilliant and I love him for it - the way he got wound up tonight is the downside to that, but I wouldn't change it as it's such a big part of his game.