Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

8 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Red card being multi game ban is still just simply odd business to me. You already lose said player for that match, perhaps the nature of the offense should determine the actual penalty

It's way too harsh for sure, 3 games for something accidental is over the top.

Both players basically made the same action, because the Southampton player skidded over the ball and his foot came down where Bruno couldn't have anticipated. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Imo that exact tackle is a 1 game ban. He didn’t punch a fella, he didn’t break a leg by going high on a knee or do the 2 legged challenge thing, or the second leg breaker follow through. 

Yeah, even just two games would be somewhat more proportionate. 

Will be interesting to see how much we miss him. His quality is undeniable but it's only appeared in flashes since his wee man was born; there's a very clear 'before and after' in terms of his performances imo. I kinda think he's been asking for a red too in terms of some of how he's been going into challenges. As it happened last night's was pretty unlucky despite being the correct call. 

There could be benefits to this. He'll be very well rested and massively up for it come final day, like. Hopefully can finish the season in the way he started it. 

9 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

That was a while back, they've more injury problems since then and have never looked convincing whenever I've seen them. Bruno a big miss but I still fancy us to beat them at SJP.

I hope you're right. If there's one game left this season I want to win it's this one after the way they carried on at Anfield.

Liverpool will be right up for the game.

If they find some form between now and then.. at worst they'll be 7 points behind with an opportunity to cut it to 4 points.

If we end that 3 game run at least 7 points clear of them, I reckon we'll finish ahead of them.

Massive 3 games to come. We'll need new heroes.

7 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Had no idea it was considered dangerous play, fair enough.  

Just feel that exact tackle was a split second ball win or nasty foot stamp. I consider dangerous play to be far worse than that. 

It's a terrible tackle and obviously dangerous. Why is he coming up so high? He's nowhere near the ball too.

Not as bad as Fabinho's but pretty awful.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

It's a terrible tackle and obviously dangerous. Why is he coming up so high? He's nowhere near the ball too.

Not as bad as Fabinho's but pretty awful.

It wasn't as it looked IMO, he just caught him late because he's not the quickest over a few yards. Used to see Cabaye make similar fouls for the same reason. It's not intentional, just when you are up against someone with pace it's easy to miss the tackle by a split second.

Just now, Yorkie said:

Yeah, even just two games would be somewhat more proportionate. 

Will be interesting to see how much we miss him. His quality is undeniable but it's only appeared in flashes since his wee man was born; there's a very clear 'before and after' in terms of his performances imo. I kinda think he's been asking for a red too in terms of some of how he's been going into challenges. As it happened last night's was pretty unlikely despite being the correct call. 

There could be benefits to this. He'll be very well rested and massively up for it come final day, like. Hopefully can finish the season in the way he started it. 

I feel the same, but also wondering if maybe it's partly due to me getting used to having Bruno's quality in our midfield. When he first came, every touch and through ball he made was pretty much mindblowing. Now I think I kind of take it for granted the things he's able to do. 

10 minutes ago, TRon said:

It wasn't as it looked IMO, he just caught him late because he's not the quickest over a few yards. Used to see Cabaye make similar fouls for the same reason. It's not intentional, just when you are up against someone with pace it's easy to miss the tackle by a split second.

Doesn't matter if it was intentional. It was a potential leg breaking tackle. And a terrible tackle.

Cabaye regularly committed terrible tackles.

TBF it was a tackle that was worthy of 2 red cards, and we would be calling conspiracy if it was reversed and the tackle was on Bruno putting him out of action for a month. Let’s not be like all the rest that call out bad tackles on our players but turn a blind eye when it’s our players that do it. 

Edited by nufcnick

Guest reefatoon

It looks worse when it’s a snapshot of that exact moment, but so do most tackles. It was a split second and could have easily gone the other way if Bruno had his foot down a split second sooner, as the Southampton player would have been on top of Bruno’s foot/ankle. It’s just one of those things where two players go in for the same ball at such a pace.

1 minute ago, OCK said:

Easy red, just hope the FA don't drop down a sudden extended ban for no reason. He's been lucky a few games escaping a yellow/red for stud down the ankles. 

Not for that, they tend to look at the Gerard esk 2 footed jumping in tackles for an extra game ban 

41 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Liverpool will be right up for the game.

If they find some form between now and then.. at worst they'll be 7 points behind with an opportunity to cut it to 4 points.

If we end that 3 game run at least 7 points clear of them, I reckon we'll finish ahead of them.

Massive 3 games to come. We'll need new heroes.

Gordon! :tobey:

Christ I swear some people see a different game or haven't played themselves. He clearly turned his foot at ball height to try to block the ball and win possession. The lad turned his foot at the last second and got it Infront of the ball by being too fast for Bruno. Watch it at full speed and not super slomo and you will get a better understanding. It is clearly in no way a malicious tackle it's just a unfortunate mistime. 9/10  the player doesn't get his foot Infront at that angle and Bruno blocks the ball. 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

I wouldn't consider a tackle that's at ball height and not 'over the ball' - as the expression goes - as high, it's late and reckless agreed, but not high. 

Yeah put the ball between foot and contact point. Is it over the ball or on it? On the ball. Clumsy/mistimed and not high.