Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

24 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

He's been fucking mint all season, there's an observation ? 

Exactly, people have bad games. I do think his ankle has been hampering him, he looks like he’s lost some pace since the injury. That’s not an excuse for today but possibly a contributing factor. He just made too many mistakes in possession today but I think we badly suffered from Longstaffs absence and it highlights the need for a number 6 type player or another option to Longstaff. 

Think if we could sign someone like Rice (pipe dream) to go alongside Joelinton as our main press, it could help protect Bruno in the deeper role dictating play without having to use as much energy. Get him doing what he does best. 

25 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

You guys have to remember, he’s basically running around on 1 leg and needs an ankle operation. I really don’t think he’s doing that bad considering the circumstances

I think this is important, he’s definitely playing below 100% because of the ankle 

Ha! So Bruno isn't good enough to play against the top teams now, yeah?! Man, the fickle nature of of "supporters".

Anyway ... tough game for Bruno yesterday, and a harsh lesson learned going up against teams that press aggressively. Have to be more disciplined and not dwell on the ball unnecessarily.

This is something that he can get away with against most teams in the league the majority of the time, but he just needs to learn to make the necessary adjustment against this type of opposition.

A big part of him being the excellent player he is, is his willingness to receive the ball in tight areas, and not rush things in those instances, however, against certain teams he needs to keep things simpler and move the ball on quicker in order to beat the press.

Arsenal I thought, clearly targeted him specifically to cut off our build up play from the back, and he should have clocked onto that, and moved the ball quicker to get the better of them.

He'll be fine. No doubt about it.

Just now, KaKa said:

Ha! So Bruno isn't good enough to play against the top teams now, yeah?! Man, the fickle nature of of "supporters".

Anyway ... tough game for Bruno yesterday, and a harsh lesson learned going up against teams that press aggressively. Have to be more disciplined and not dwell on the ball unnecessarily.

This is something that he can get away with against most teams in the league the majority of the time, but he just needs to learn to make the necessary adjustment against this type of opposition.

A big part of him being the excellent player he is, is his willingness to receive the ball in tight areas, and not rush things in those instances, however, against certain teams he needs to keep things simpler and move the ball on quicker in order to beat the press.

Arsenal I thought, clearly targeted him specifically to cut off our build up play from the back, and he should have clocked onto that, and moved the ball quicker to get the better of them.

I suggested that it's games like this where we need another number 6, so we can free Bruno up and give the opposition something different to think about.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Who said Bruno isn’t good enough to play against the big sides? Am I missing something. 

12 hours ago, The Prophet said:

The club have said it was because none of their primary targets were available.

Didnt have to be a primary target. All we needed was some cover for when Bruno is injured/suspended/out of form. Right now we have nothing to replace him with.

Maybe they thought it wasnt worth it if they have set their sight on a permanent replacement in the summer (moving Bruno further up the field). I guess we would be too stacked in sentral midfield then. Could have gotten a loanee though.

Edited by Displayname

13 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

"Supporters":anguish:

People are allowed to react however they want. Fucking forum police.

Yes, yes, this always gets brought up all the time.

No one has deleted your post, or asked you to change it, or kicked you off the forum. So clearly you are allowed to react how you want.

I am also just as free to be disgusted with some of the reactions and comments, and also free to bitch and complain about those reactions however I want.

So please give it a rest.

6 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Think if we could sign someone like Rice (pipe dream) to go alongside Joelinton as our main press, it could help protect Bruno in the deeper role dictating play without having to use as much energy. Get him doing what he does best. 

You'd think we'd be in for Rice, and if that fails, probably approach City for Phillips. 

15 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

"Supporters":anguish:

People are allowed to react however they want. Fucking forum police.

Surely by this logic KaKa is also allowed to react how he wishes?

18 minutes ago, STM said:

I suggested that it's games like this where we need another number 6, so we can free Bruno up and give the opposition something different to think about.

Yeah, I think against certain types of opposition, it would be nice to have a more disciplined DM that recycles possession in a more simple manner, and just keeps things ticking over.

Bruno is more high risk, which can be very valuable at times too, but in that deeper position, him playing with that type of approach tends to be more effective against teams that sit back more.

20 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Who said Bruno isn’t good enough to play against the big sides? Am I missing something. 

Literally the post just before mine :lol:

Just now, KaKa said:

Yes, yes, this always gets brought up all the time.

No one has deleted your post, or asked you to change it, or kicked you off the forum. So clearly you are allowed to react how you want.

I am also just as free to be disgusted with some of the reactions and comments, and also free to bitch and complain about those reactions however I want.

So please give it a rest.

I wouldn't worry, its the same ones can't keep a cool head when a result goes against us.

It's the same ones who said Emery was clearly a better manager than Howe because we lost at Villa Park. [emoji38] It was our 4th loss of the season.

We've all been to the Eddie Howe thread, where the same faces had written him off.

Don't use the term bedwetters,that really annoys em.

It's almost certainly a bit of recency bias but I'm leaning more towards bringing in a true DM and allowing Bruno to play further forward.

With the way he plays the game he's going to get caught in possession a decent bit and you don't want that from your deepest midfielder. I wouldn't want him to really change the way he plays either, you want him taking risks on the ball.

Also, against top passing teams who can beat our press and get the ball forward I don't know if he offers much protection to the back four?

Would love Rice here, think he'd be perfect in that role. Whoever we do get has to be really comfortable on the ball, Bruno's ability to receive it deep and start attacks from deep is crucial to how we play. Doesn't have to be a passer on Bruno's level, but someone who can at least receive it deep, beat a press and play a positive pass when needed.

Would be excited to seea fully fit Bruno in a more advanced position, think he's got goals in him. Can obviously cover the #6 position too.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Literally the post just before mine :lol:

3 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Ah well, guess we won’t have to worry so much about Madrid coming knocking this summer. As phenomenal as he has been, is there a game against the very top teams where he has dominated/played a blinder? 

Maybe it was edited. 

I don't know if it's us finding a true DM or 6 or just signing another ball player who can take the load off Bruno doing EVERYTHING. Rice is perfect in that he's basically able to play the 6, 8 role seamlessly and probably can cover the same amount of ground, if not more than Longstaff. Also allows us to truly go into a double pivot with him and Bruno and play a true #10. 

Bruno is allowed to have a bad game; he's hurt. All good. I have 0 issue with him - despite his needless concession/foul that led to the opening goal or his other mistakes. He's our main man and will have bad games. He's going to single handedly get us 3rd or 4th with his turn around in the run-in. 

48 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I don't know if it's us finding a true DM or 6 or just signing another ball player who can take the load off Bruno doing EVERYTHING. Rice is perfect in that he's basically able to play the 6, 8 role seamlessly and probably can cover the same amount of ground, if not more than Longstaff. Also allows us to truly go into a double pivot with him and Bruno and play a true #10. 

Bruno is allowed to have a bad game; he's hurt. All good. I have 0 issue with him - despite his needless concession/foul that led to the opening goal or his other mistakes. He's our main man and will have bad games. He's going to single handedly get us 3rd or 4th with his turn around in the run-in. 

Bruno and Rice :pedro: please ?? 

9 hours ago, Displayname said:

Didnt have to be a primary target. All we needed was some cover for when Bruno is injured/suspended/out of form. Right now we have nothing to replace him with.

Maybe they thought it wasnt worth it if they have set their sight on a permanent replacement in the summer (moving Bruno further up the field). I guess we would be too stacked in sentral midfield then. Could have gotten a loanee though.

We tried for loanees but no-one was playing ball with us (Gallagher, Berge...)

I'd rather we signed no-one than someone for the sake of it just because they're available but not who we really want.