Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

17 hours ago, The Butcher said:

Botman and Isak er the only ones I wouldn't sell for any price. Getting 100m for Bruno would mean we could bring in a DM and an AM to offer us a better balanced midfield.

Not that I think it's going to happen anytime soon.

£100m is not going to get you two top level midfielders these days. As mental as that sounds typing it out. 

Would we not be better off keeping arguably our best and most sought after player and building the team and midfield around him? 

I say sell him for 100mill......... then immediately buy him back for 100mill. Yeah its an obvious FFP dodge but so is loan with obligation.

Not being serious btw.

Edited by madras

If we sell bruno to strengthen our rivals it would be a big surprise!

Can't think of a worse thing to do seeing how inflated the transfer market is.

If it was a world record breaker i.e. 160M, then allowed us to spend 300M via FFP, then maybe it would be a goer...

16 hours ago, prefabtoon said:

Shows Bruno wants out if his advisors have inserted a 100mil release clause in his contract.

I’m ok with this.  He’ll need to perform to be worth £100m+.  Not the end of the world if true - at this moment no-one is likely to bid that sort of number for him. 

2 minutes ago, KDT said:

Are people actually serious with this dropping Bruno stuff? Like actually serious serious? Or has he just became the new boo boy?

It's fucking mental man. Do all teams have their own boo boy? Can we get ASM back if only to leave Bruno alone? :lol:

We were spoiled last season, exceptional performances all round (some massively over performing) and unfortunately it seems sections of our support expect that to be the norm now. 

'we don't demand a team that wins... we demand a club that tries' 

Some people would do well to keep that quote in mind through our current evolution.  They'll have peaks and troughs as a team and as individuals, some of the comments I've seen about Bruno (not just on here) are fuckin ridiculous to put it lightly. 

5 hours ago, Wilson said:

We were spoiled last season, exceptional performances all round (some massively over performing) and unfortunately it seems sections of our support expect that to be the norm now. 

'we don't demand a team that wins... we demand a club that tries' 

Some people would do well to keep that quote in mind through our current evolution.  They'll have peaks and troughs as a team and as individuals, some of the comments I've seen about Bruno (not just on here) are fuckin ridiculous to put it lightly. 

I never liked that mantra, and it doesn’t speak for all of us.

Mainly because it is utter bollocks - a team of triers losing every week would not be a popular one on Tyneside. 

13 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Mainly because it is utter bollocks - a team of triers losing every week would not be a popular one on Tyneside. 

Except its not a "team of triers" it's a "club that tries". Slight difference.

Speaking for myself, I'm more interested in what's going on behind the scenes. Building a foundation with top class operators will see us successful in the long term, long after the likes of Bruno and Trippier have gone.

Eales said himself, the correlation between wages and success is there for us all to see. The plan is to build the club commercially so we can get to that promise land. Once we've done that.... trophies will follow.

Most of our current players are merely a bridge between the past and the future.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Except its not a "team of triers" it's a "club that tries". Slight difference.

True, but that depends on what the club is ‘trying’ to do.

I’d suggest that the implication is that the club would be trying to win things, while not demanding that it does.  Either way, it is meaningless in the context of the performance of the players.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Speaking for myself, I'm more interested in what's going on behind the scenes. Building a foundation with top class operators will see us successful in the long term, long after the likes of Bruno and Trippier have gone.

Eales said himself, the correlation between wages and success is there for us all to see. The plan is to build the club commercially so we can get to that promise land. Once we've done that.... trophies will follow.

Most of our current players are merely a bridge between the past and the future.

Yeah, this is basically where I am.  

29 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It really isn't utter bollocks but if that's your view, so be it.  Each to their own. :thup:

16 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

True, but that depends on what the club is ‘trying’ to do.

I’d suggest that the implication is that the club would be trying to win things, while not demanding that it does.  Either way, it is meaningless in the context of the performance of the players.

It was never about the players really. That slogan first emerged in deepest darkest Pardew when the club was making it abundantly clear that it had no interest in competing; all the while to a backdrop of media coverage which labelled anti-Pardew angst as ungrateful Newcastle fans expecting the earth. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

It was never about the players really. That slogan first emerged in deepest darkest Pardew when the club was making it abundantly clear that it had no interest in competing; all the while to a backdrop of media coverage which labelled anti-Pardew angst as ungrateful Newcastle fans expecting the earth. 

Which ironically, judging by some people

on here and on social media (yes, yes. I know, I know). Plenty of fans fit the bill here. 

A few sub-par performances, some players a bit out of form and some reverting back to their base level and they’re all worse than shite. 

People have quickly forgotten the dark days and want it all straight away, it seems.