Dan Burn

Rich

52 minutes ago, CPL said:

I thought it was too far behind him from first viewing but I've not seen a replay since. He didn't give a big reaction which indicates to me it wasn't a big chance as some thought.

it was. He literally air kicked a clear cut chance from point blank.  

4 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

It was a great chance. I like Burn a lot but he’s an absolute nonentity attacking the ball. Really strange with his size. 

For that set-piece swapping Joelinton and Burn's roles probably would have been better the other way around, but apart from the knock down for Bruno at Southampton even those don't seem to end well when it's Burn attacking the first ball.

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

Feel like there's been a wee downer on BDB lately with him not being a natural attacker at LB but fucking hell he was colossal tonight. Popped Botman for MOTM in my eyes.

Nee chance :lol:

After the first 5 mins I thought he was going to be torn a new arsehole. Said himself joelinton and willock doubling up on saka after that helped him

That's why it was never a game for ASM.

Thought he recovered well after a ropey start obviously helped when Joey and Willock helped him out. Thought he was a cert for a yellow after his start to (missed out on a 50/1 treble because he didn’t ?) so thought he did great to not get one.

Think ultimate to push on we will need an upgrade but what a buy he has been for us. Played his part in a transformed defence ??

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Was really good but he should've had a pen given against him in the second half. Can't be holding onto shirts in the box at set pieces, man.

Would have been a disgrace given it wasn't a free-kick in the first place.

Just came back from the game, no idea what game you lot were watching but he was the weak link in our defence today, was very fortunate to not give a pen away/Arsenal were wasteful.

Edited by Menace

9 hours ago, Pilko said:

Feel like there's been a wee downer on BDB lately with him not being a natural attacker at LB but fucking hell he was colossal tonight. Popped Botman for MOTM in my eyes.

Agree. He puts such a shift in every single match, love him.

edit - perhaps not the MOTM bit.

Edited by Dr Venkman

Thought he did ok with what was always going to be a thankless task. I think we all knew they’d try and get Burn isolated with Saka and we addressed that pretty well after the first 10 mins.

Got away with the shirt pull and that needs to stop.