Dan Burn

Rich

9 hours ago, Big Jow said:

I’ve never known a player to be unable to direct a header, particularly a professional player. The ball hits his head and it can literally go anywhere.

Exactly this 

he’s only in the team for his heading 

Yet he can’t direct a header ?

90% of his passes are to the keeper or centre half 

Wouldn’t get in any other top 6/7 side / squad 

To be fair neither would

Longstaff

Murphy

lascelles 

ritchie 

dummett 

miggy

targett 

anderson 

krafth 

Obviously we have been lumped with a fair few from Ashley era 

21 hours ago, Big Jow said:

I’ve never known a player to be unable to direct a header, particularly a professional player. The ball hits his head and it can literally go anywhere.

he's admitted this himself before. great at defensive headers but been working on the one at the other end of the pitch.

Having Willock in there really helps him. Only remember him getting ran once early and after that he was solid, glad he had a good game.

Loved his little sorty up front early doors too :lol: shame he couldn't hit the target like.

34 minutes ago, TBG said:

Should've had a goal and an assist.

When was the last time Neto was hauled off at half time?

He was injured to be fair

Thought he was pretty poor again, and if Sarabia went down after a similar kind of desperate grab that he did against Luton, he would have given away a pen

Opponents will have to start following his offensive runs now that he's shown two games in a row that he can put in dangerous crosses. Previously nobody bothered covering him as none of our players would pass to him even when he got into good positions to cross anyway.

Good game yesterday. Neto was hoisting the white flag up from Burns back pocket by halftime and called it quits.

• 2 weeks later...

Can’t believe this topic isn’t top of page 1 given that poxy slice out for their throw in which was the source of their second. 

Sick to death of watching him run up and down the flank like he’s towing a fucking fridge on his back. 

Get him dropped man. Fucking awful. 

17ft tall and rarely dominates in the air either. 

Palmer made a fool of him at times. If anything, yesterday was a good example of how much better Tino is than Burn. Crazy how Burn just automatically got his place back after injury.

It's so frustrating because I think he's a great player to have in the squad and has been a brilliant signing overall but to play every single game regardless of form puts a totally unnecessary negative spotlight on him. It's like Howe has crafted this situation himself - I don't think many would have much bad to say about Burn at all if he'd been rotated this season, but the situation sticks out like a sore thumb when he's playing LB every single week and not offering the pace (defensively and offensively) and technical capability of Livramento or Hall. I know Howe insists he's never loyal to players for the sake of it, but if he thinks Burn earns his place through his height and leadership then I think he's just plain wrong imo, when it's offset against other elements. They are human beings and I can't help feel that when they're in the trenches together and form those bonds, Howe has been blinded by it when it comes to earning your place in the team, when balancing all competition players for the position.

He’s a top lad and does have some unique strengths. My main issue isn’t even defensively although it’s tough seeing him get skinned. My main problem is that I always want wide players to be quality on the ball and able to either carry it or play quality passes. I’ve loved him as a player for us but I cannot face the idea of him being our main LB next year