Dan Burn

Rich

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

There is something about the North East. Nowhere else like it. 

Yeah I'm with you, but I am biased. There are some lovely places down south as well.

5 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I can't remember now, think SSN maybe. Too much going on for me to recall it all. 

Fair enough. I was only making a joke anyway, with the thread title having said "en route" for a couple of days now.

Struggling to get excited over this one, as he's 29 and I'd never even heard his name until linked with us. 

Yes he is probably better than what we have (not hard), but he just seems to have had a totally invisible career drifting around championship teams and only this year seems to have formed part of a formidable unit. 

See how he goes....we were all underwhelmed with Clarke and he did better than expected until becoming a complete liability since Bruceball

7 minutes ago, Dan Gleebals said:

Half a medical today, half yesterday?  Are they doing it in two parts as he is so tall?

Yes, the medical bed is only 4foot long so they did bottom half yesterday and top half today. Let’s hope he has a pulse!

5 minutes ago, STM said:

I doubt they do medicals at hospitals anymore.

You say that but can you imagine the facilities at our training ground?

Errrrr... we've got some anadin, an old plaster, half a bottle of tixylix and some junior calpol

Edited by 1964

6 minutes ago, STM said:

I doubt they do medicals at hospitals anymore.

I had a sort of medical at the Nuffield, it’s a private practice or mostly…

Not with my heart, although I’d outscore Wood, that’s the craic around here aye, that he’s’ shit? Mind some of our players haven’t shown any heart the last few years…

9 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Not with my heart, although I’d outscore Wood, that’s the craic around here aye, that he’s’ shit? Mind some of our players haven’t shown any heart the last few years…

he’s not “shit”, he’s ridiculously out of form. That’s my concern. He’s had an awful season so far and we need him to score goals NOW

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

he’s not “shit”, he’s ridiculously out of form. That’s my concern. He’s had an awful season so far and we need him to score goals NOW

I’m hoping a fresh change here and he will rediscover his goalscoring touch and although he’s never going to bang them in every week for us, if he can continue to contribute enough to help us win games or not lose them as he has done since he signed, I’ll be fine with that. Again if people forget the fee, he’d be deemed a good squad player and that’s what he is really while Wilson is out. We desperately need another forward though this window!