Dan Burn

Rich

Hope I’m wrong but I think he’s not that great. That said, Clark and Lascelles have regressed that much over the last 2 years it might turn out ok. 

Out of all the options we would have now I’d still prefer Fede and Schar. 

3 minutes ago, PeepShow4life said:

Gonna be gutted when he plays him alongside Lascelles and not Schar.

Very unlikely. I know Lascelles is captain but he has been awful and has none of the attributes that work in Howe's setup.

17 minutes ago, TRon said:

He said he lacked pace and heading ability, but made up for that with good positional sense, and would need someone with pace to cover for his lack in that department. I mean that's great, I'm not saying he won't be an asset, but would you really pay £13m for a 29yr old  with those deficiencies?

So he is basically Fede then?

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Him and Schar is a pairing that I wouldn't trust in the air. 

Was the Brighton fan not just insinuating he's got a head like a Toblerone rather than he doesn't win anything in the air?

It's a defender comfortable on the ball, funnily enough we had another one of those until Bruce came in. It's amazing how Bruce saw the game compared to newer managers, absolutely no awareness of how the game has changed. He got rid of Florian, isolated Schar and went with centre half's who were what he thinks a centre back should be.

I think it'll be Burn and Schar, and possibly Schar, Lascelles and Burn in a three. Your two outside CB's being comfortable on the ball and bringing it forward.

Edited by Bimpy474

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Was the Brighton fan not just insinuating he's got a head like a Toblerone rather than he doesn't win anything in the air?

The way I read it was that despite his height he didn't win many duels in the air. 

1 minute ago, STM said:

He will be the best centre back at our club.

Hopefully. Brighton are also very good at controlling games and having lots of possession. Their CM has been much stronger than ours. 

Edited by Ikon

3 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

Also taking the piss at how much we have paid.

More like how little. We definitely haven't overpaid according to most Brighton fans. 

Edited by Ikon

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, number37 said:

Let's call it compensation for all those 'Champions 2016/17' scarves they bought. 

I've got one of them. :lol:

it's not the most glamorous signing, but could be a very shrewd one - a proven PL defender for peanuts. we're not exactly blessed with depth at CB, and he's arguably better than anything else we've got. get him straight in the team this season, then most likely a reliable/versatile back up next season. assuming we stay up, that is.

incremental improvements like Burn and Wood are going to be essential in getting us to where we want to go, people need to get used to it.