Dan Burn

Rich

I can’t say I’ve seen him play really, but I do like this type of sensible signing and I was speaking to a coach today who knows the family and said he’s a good lad and NUFC let him go when he was ten or something because, wait for it, they deemed him too small. He’s had to work really hard since then to carve a decent career in the game starting from scratch and him rejoining NUFC will be a fairytale for the player and his family. 

21 hours ago, cubaricho said:

This isn’t a marquee signing or anything but I believe it will prove to be a very shrewd move in the end. 

Yep. Solid PL player, can play multiple positions along the back line, local dude.

58 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

So is he actually any better than what we already have though? I mean, apart from supporting the club from being a kid.

A left footed centre back, one advantage. Kieran clark never gets in the team again, and he's a homegrown lad... enough for me.

2 hours ago, Gazzaschicken said:

We have been linked with Cody today could he be the central cb in a 3 and lascelles is dropped? 

Dubs

Schar  Cody  Burn 

Trippier                                    Manq

Bruno  J7 

Lingard.              ASM

Wood/Wilson

Doubt it this window for Cody (never know), might have been the plan with Carlos though.

Edited by Bimpy474

3 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Definitely a meh signing for me to be honest. Don't think he is much better than what we currently have imho. 

So you don’t think he’s better than “I’m gonna give a goal away at any moment” lascelles and “I’m gonna get a red card at any moment” Clark?

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Clark gives goals away as well TBF. 

More than one string to his bow then - Brighton fans are saying he’sa decent defender and that’s more than any of us have said about lascelles or Clark on a long time.

i was finished with Clark after Norwich game to be honest.

Edited by Gawalls

5 hours ago, TRon said:

Tbf, I think he could be a better medium term signing than Wood. Cost a lot less, and can cover a couple of positions along the back line, and he should still be useful for 2-3 years as a squad player. Wood was an emergency buy for the Watford/Leeds game, and we got 4 points so might still prove worthwhile in the end game. But beyond this season I don't see where he will fit in. Subs bench at best.

I think it’s safe to assume with wood and burn joining the team Howes looking for the 2 of them combing to bring some extra heat to the team