Dan Burn

Rich

3 minutes ago, STM said:

It's a better signing than Wood and I wasn't against the Wood signing.

Looking forward to see Wood, Burn, Joelinton and Lascelles lining up from corners.

We should be mint at defensive set plays now 

1 hour ago, Bimpy474 said:

It's a defender comfortable on the ball, funnily enough we had another one of those until Bruce came in. It's amazing how Bruce saw the game compared to newer managers, absolutely no awareness of how the game has changed. He got rid of Florian, isolated Schar and went with centre half's who were what he thinks a centre back should be.

I think it'll be Burn and Schar, and possibly Schar, Lascelles and Burn in a three. Your two outside CB's being comfortable on the ball and bringing it forward.

We have been linked with Cody today could he be the central cb in a 3 and lascelles is dropped? 

Dubs

Schar  Cody  Burn 

Trippier                                    Manq

Bruno  J7 

Lingard.              ASM

Wood/Wilson

13 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Very sensible signing. Many Brighton fans at work have said he's a good defender and is playing well this season :thup:

Like Wood, a smart short-to-medium term move.

Tbf, I think he could be a better medium term signing than Wood. Cost a lot less, and can cover a couple of positions along the back line, and he should still be useful for 2-3 years as a squad player. Wood was an emergency buy for the Watford/Leeds game, and we got 4 points so might still prove worthwhile in the end game. But beyond this season I don't see where he will fit in. Subs bench at best.

Pleased with this signing, although would ideally like another CB in as well. Although I think another forward should probably be our next objective in order of priority. 

Would gain a lot of respect for Howe if he were to drop Lascelles instead of Schar.

Happy with this signing, it's very sensible if not a wow signing

He's good on the ball, passes it well, can play both CB and LB. He's strong enough and is good in the air defensively. Plus we know he'll give it his all.

Though it's a surprise that he doesn't have more goals considering how big he is.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Tbf, I think he could be a better medium term signing than Wood. Cost a lot less, and can cover a couple of positions along the back line, and he should still be useful for 2-3 years as a squad player. Wood was an emergency buy for the Watford/Leeds game, and we got 4 points so might still prove worthwhile in the end game. But beyond this season I don't see where he will fit in. Subs bench at best.

I dunno, like. Having a rotation option who has a 1-in-3 record and opens up additional routes to attack is very, very handy to have and will be for a couple of seasons while we establish ourselves, if we stay up. 

If Burn is the only CB we get through the door, it positions some interesting tactical conundrums.

We can't really move the defensive line up as Howe obviously wants to, unless we develop the world's best offside trap. Gives options to go to a back 3 as well, which I think might be a happy medium for Howe.

7 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

So is he actually any better than what we already have though? I mean, apart from supporting the club from being a kid.

I think the general consensus in the thread is that he is an improvement.

As usual some think not, but I think the majority see him as a positive step in the right direction.

8 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

So is he actually any better than what we already have though? I mean, apart from supporting the club from being a kid.

Definitely a meh signing for me to be honest. Don't think he is much better than what we currently have imho.