Dan Burn

Rich

I had the impression that he was considered a bit of a liability in a CB pair, being utilised mostly on the left side of a 3 man defence or at LB. Did Brighton/Potter even know how good he is? :lol: 

He's the definition of consistent solid performer so far.

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I had the impression that he was considered a bit of a liability in a CB pair, being utilised mostly on the left side of a 3 man defence or at LB. Did Brighton/Potter even know how good he is? :lol: 

He's the definition of consistent solid performer so far.

Potter definitely knew and said as much, we're lucky to get this bloke, shudder to think of how today would have gone with Lascelles back there.

Edited by LionOfGosforth

40 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Potter definitely knew and said as much, we're lucky to get this bloke, shudder to think of how today would have gone with Lascelles back there.

Lacelles probably would have punted it into his own goal on the back of shitting himself with how much pressure we were under.

Definitely wasn’t a sexy signing at the time, but successful Premier League teams are filled with no nonsense, solid performers like Big Dan. And he’s been even better than I would’ve expected.

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Darlow would have been in goal at the time as well. Must be our worst defensive unit as a top flight team.

I seem to remember Spurs away in 2007 being the worst I've known us to have. IIRC it was Matty Patterson, Paul Huntington, Peter Ramage, Craig Moore or something like that. It's close though and that back 4 then was because we had loads of injuries so it least it had an excuse.

Having watched the match I'm surprised there hasn't been more made of his performance on here. Fully expected everyone to be in awe of him. I thought he was incredible tbh, dealt with everything and aside from one imperfect clearance and a missed header he did everything flawlessly.

Nice moment at the end of the game where he jumped over the boards and hugged his friends/family in the East Stand. He looked delighted at full time.

Another great game from him. I thought Schar and Fraser were outstanding again. But Burn was probably MOTM.