Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

Real Madrid have done a deal with the devil. How else can you explain them being so average/shit for a whole game. Yet still finding a way to hang in. 

At this point. It feels like they are Homer Simpson when he tried his hand at boxing. 

Honestly, I feel like this was Real when Ronaldo was playing there as well. Maybe not as extreme, but under Zidane they'd be outplayed and still win. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

They were in cruise control with 2 minutes left :lol: Even knowing what RM are like, I thought this was too much of a stretch even for them

Yeah, Real have been really really poor. But Man City have still looked knackered all game! Only Bernardo and Foden have played at the usual intensity.

Guest neesy111
Just now, Flip said:

Honestly, I feel like this was Real when Ronaldo was playing there as well. Maybe not as extreme, but under Zidane they'd be outplayed and still win. 

They get ridiculous luck in Europe, it's happened across their whole history.

Just now, Smal said:

Yeah, Real have been really really poor. But Man City have still looked knackered all game! Only Bernardo and Foden have played at the usual intensity.

Real were poor because of that midfield. As soon as Camavinga and Rodrygo came on and Valverde moved centrally they got more dynamic again and it worked. Problem is those guys haven't performed when they've started, but against tired legs their running is great. Camavinga especially came on and has been everywhere. 

Just now, Flip said:

Exactly why I found it so difficult to give them loads of credit when they won 3 CLs in a row, they rarely looked like a classic team.