Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

1 minute ago, Wullie said:

More bother after a pitch invasion at Port Vale, could see several Swindon players grappling with fans.

Think it’s always gonna be worse in games like that as it’ll be chocka with people who don’t usually go. Don’t think I’ve ever seen there ground even remotely full in all my years watching football.

Amazing how quickly things spread like a contagion through football crowds. As I said the other day, pitch invasions have been happening for years largely without incident, one thing happens and then it suddenly happens every time.

Remember 6 months ago when people in every crowd kept dying because of the vaccine and the fans demanded every game got stopped for 20 minutes to carry the Pfizered bodies out? Yeah folk got bored of that.

Need to start doing something about these pitch invasions, not bothered what the circumstances are it is possible to restrain yourself - doesn't happen in Champions league games or World cup finals, we don't do it. 

Doing nothing is just encouraging others to do it and the chances of bother just increases - why wait?

6 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Amazing how quickly things spread like a contagion through football crowds. As I said the other day, pitch invasions have been happening for years largely without incident, one thing happens and then it suddenly happens every time.

Remember 6 months ago when people in every crowd kept dying because of the vaccine and the fans demanded every game got stopped for 20 minutes to carry the Pfizered bodies out? Yeah folk got bored of that.

:lol: first class levels of scorn.

4 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Need to start doing something about these pitch invasions, not bothered what the circumstances are it is possible to restrain yourself - doesn't happen in Champions league games or World cup finals, we don't do it. 

Doing nothing is just encouraging others to do it and the chances of bother just increases - why wait?

Not much you can do but try and trust people. Stewards aren’t going to stop it as there isn’t enough of them and why would they for fuck all an hour? Plus there’s barely a copper on duty inside grounds these days.

Pitch invasions are brilliant, just a shame people are fucking dickheads who can't behave. It's all about celebrating your season, not being some faux hard man or baiting the opposition. 

1 minute ago, Neil said:

Evening, all.

:lol:

I'm sorry to say, but I really wanted you guys to get relegated. Feel like you deserved it just as much as Leeds or Burnley, and it's obviously a much bigger story if it's Everton.

Saying that though, you're a cracking lad Neil, and I hope you can celebrate like mad tonight, I know we all would in your situation ?

39 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Nah they're having a mint time. Imagine on Monday we'd needed to beat Arsenal to stay up and did so after being 2 down, we'd be euphoric

How many times have you/we been euphoric at a match and not invaded the pitch? 

Wasn't even on the cards that this would happen against West Ham when we stayed up on the last day (not penultimate)

Imagine how shit Monday would have been if there'd been a pitch invasion, or Keegan's farewell as a player or the championship celebrations after Leicester.

Can't stand them, Pickfords weasel face and tiny arms, Richarlisons resting bitch face and constant play acting, the 9 other diving cheats on their team, the "We expect the best" after the derision we got for "We expect a club that tries", fat Frank, the list goes on.

However I don't begrudge them their outpour of emotion at staying up despite being 2-0 down in a game, let them have their day. Unfortunately for them I don't see next season getting any easier, especially sticking with Frank the fraud, they won't pull the trigger that quick either as he is seen as responsible for keeping them up.

I wanted them to go down but I won't lose any sleep that haven't, I will however sleep like a baby because Howe made sure we weren't part of the drama.