Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

5 minutes ago, Nobody said:

:lol:

I'm sorry to say, but I really wanted you guys to get relegated. Feel like you deserved it just as much as Leeds or Burnley, and it's obviously a much bigger story if it's Everton.

Saying that though, you're a cracking lad Neil, and I hope you can celebrate like mad tonight, I know we all would in your situation 🥳

I totally get why people would want us down, its always funny if the "biggest" fish drops. Don't quite get the level of vitriol from some on here who seem gutted that we haven't gone, but there we are.

We've got a fuck load of work to do to not be in trouble next season. Even tonight there were a number of utterly pitiful performances.

39 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Nah they're having a mint time. Imagine on Monday we'd needed to beat Arsenal to stay up and did so after being 2 down, we'd be euphoric

It may not have been coming back from two down but we survived on the literal last day of the season less than a decade a go in a match capped off by a late goal from a fan favourite who'd beaten testicular cancer that very season and from what I recall everyone managed to stay in the stands..

Maybe I've just got a shit memory but I still can't recall pitch invasions being this normal at the end of every other season. :lol: I should just try and chalk it up to being so happy with NUFC right now that I'm trying to find something to whinge about.

17 minutes ago, Neil said:

I totally get why people would want us down, its always funny if the "biggest" fish drops. Don't quite get the level of vitriol from some on here who seem gutted that we haven't gone, but there we are.

We've got a fuck load of work to do to not be in trouble next season. Even tonight there were a number of utterly pitiful performances.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but my loathing of Everton began about two seconds after Rafa was floated as manager - the Toffee fans went mental and I, like I’m sure a few others here, sort of wanted Everton to do well, but after he left and Lampard was appointed, the desire to see your lot go down was like fire…

21 minutes ago, Neil said:

There are loads of reasons, I'd say. Lampard (especially the manager) has never been popular on here, while Rafa obviously was incredibly popular here.

Everton being the biggest club to go down since us the first time is another massive reason most of us would have wanted you down, and coupled with that, I think most of us see you guys as a top 10 club, so much more of a competitor to us in the future than Burnley and Leeds. 

As for you needing a lot of work, I don't actually think you do. You've got some excellent players in Digne, DCL, Richarlison and Gordon looks like a talent. You've just had a horrendous season, but I'm pretty sure you won't get anywhere close to relegation next season like. 

Got no strong feelings either way for Everton but the Rafa connection I just find irrelevant too. He no longer owes us anything and we likewise the opposite - he had a new job he chose to take and whatever else was going on, he failed and had to take ownership of it. It was a silly appointment in the first place, but in the circumstances it wasn’t a silly sacking. 

Problem for Everton is that their top players will be itching to leave, and they’d probably have to sell in order to buy. If DCL and Richarlison jump ship, their replacements have pretty big boots to fill.

34 minutes ago, Neil said:

Congrats and hope youve enjoyed it.

I fucking hate your manager :lol: 

I've never forgotten the meek surrender to the Mackems which sealed our relegation under that smug cunt Martinez a few years ago. Until that point, I hadn't taken any notice of Everton and at some points rather admired them.

Since then, of course, the fact they've spent hundreds of millions only to flirt with mid-table mediocrity whilst we slummed it under a fat fucking slug owner pissed me off no end.

1 hour ago, Paully said:

Man, this is so depressing. The level of disrespect by these kids is just phenomenal to me. Who is raising these lot man?

This could have easily gone really badly. Fair play to the older fans that seemingly stepped in to get him out of there.

29 minutes ago, Neil said:

I think it's a combination of seeing how Rafa was treated and also comments about joining Everton over Newcastle due to not wanting to be in a relegation battle. Plus a bit of it would be funny to see.

Jubilation about avoiding the drop the is completely expected, hope you can enjoy the last game of the season now without that shadow hanging over you

15 minutes ago, toon25 said:

I've never forgotten the meek surrender to the Mackems which sealed our relegation under that smug cunt Martinez a few years ago. Until that point, I hadn't taken any notice of Everton and at some points rather admired them.

Since then, of course, the fact they've spent hundreds of millions only to flirt with mid-table mediocrity whilst we slummed it under a fat fucking slug owner pissed me off no end.

There was also that Graveson horror tackle where he tried to take out Bernards kneecap and their players refused to even kick the ball out play. 

Fellaini constantly smashing elbow into defenders faces, now Gordon trying to cheat every week. They always seem to have at one really detestable player in their side. The current one has a fair few. 

Edited by Jaqen

5 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

There was also that Graveson horror tackle where he tried to take out Bernards kneecap and their players refused to even kick the ball out play. 

They didn't have time to kick the ball out, Neale Barry awarded them a penalty within about 5 seconds of the tackle.

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

Pitch invasions are brilliant, just a shame people are fucking dickheads who can't behave. It's all about celebrating your season, not being some faux hard man or baiting the opposition. 

That’s what’s going to happen as you have likely spent the entire game doing so. See Swindon game today, Billy Sharpe the other day and Vieira today. There’s a high percentage it’s always going to happen. 

5 hours ago, Nobody said:

There are loads of reasons, I'd say. Lampard (especially the manager) has never been popular on here, while Rafa obviously was incredibly popular here.

Everton being the biggest club to go down since us the first time is another massive reason most of us would have wanted you down, and coupled with that, I think most of us see you guys as a top 10 club, so much more of a competitor to us in the future than Burnley and Leeds. 

As for you needing a lot of work, I don't actually think you do. You've got some excellent players in Digne, DCL, Richarlison and Gordon looks like a talent. You've just had a horrendous season, but I'm pretty sure you won't get anywhere close to relegation next season like. 

Errrrrm….

7 hours ago, KaKa said:

Man, this is so depressing. The level of disrespect by these kids is just phenomenal to me. Who is raising these lot man?

This could have easily gone really badly. Fair play to the older fans that seemingly stepped in to get him out of there.

They’re scousers.

7 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

How many times have you/we been euphoric at a match and not invaded the pitch? 

Wasn't even on the cards that this would happen against West Ham when we stayed up on the last day (not penultimate)

Imagine how shit Monday would have been if there'd been a pitch invasion, or Keegan's farewell as a player or the championship celebrations after Leicester.

Definitely this for me.

7 hours ago, Neil said:

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/why-you-hate-nufc.48687/