Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Guest HTT II
Just now, Sean said:

A fan who had broken the law by invading the pitch? Just stop ffs [emoji38]

He did aye, but so did Vieira. You can’t just assault someone. 

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Agreed fellas and just playing devils advocate, but if a fan kicked out like that…

I'd fancy the man on the street getting off with that like. On the basis of him sticking his hand in his face first

This is a total different context as well. Definitely go down the fearing for his safety route

Just now, HTT II said:

He did aye, but so did Vieira. You can’t just assault someone. 

Self defence. The lads goaded him then raised his hand towards him. He could have had a knife as far as Vieira knew

Guest HTT II
Just now, jack j said:

I'd fancy the man on the street getting off with that like. On the basis of him sticking his hand in his face first

This is a total different context as well. Definitely go down the fearing for his safety route

Agreed, but if we are to apply the law equally…

I don’t think pitch invasions are totally unacceptable in the right circumstances and conditions, but clearly a line now needs drawn given the recent violence and again, the law needs applied equally. 

Think the increased pitch invasions coupled with assaults are part of wider issues in society. People are angry as fuck about so many things either because their lives are awful or they’ve been fired up by the papers. We’ve seen a major erosion of responsibility being taken by people in the highest office. Genuinely feel like we’re getting closer to some nasty scenes becoming commonplace not just in football but in many walks of life as the crises we’re facing intensify 

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, jack j said:

Self defence. The lads goaded him then raised his hand towards him. He could have had a knife as far as Vieira knew

In the eyes of the law though, that fan was still assaulted, as much as he was a cunt and I’d do the same, if we are to have a fair and equal system in law and sport, then Vieira needs punished too. Again if a fan just kicked Vieira the way he did to that fan, that fan would be in court right now.

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Think the increased pitch invasions coupled with assaults are part of wider issues in society. People are angry as fuck about so many things either because their lives are awful or they’ve been fired up by the papers. We’ve seen a major erosion of responsibility being taken by people in the highest office. Genuinely feel like we’re getting closer to some nasty scenes becoming commonplace not just in football but in many walks of life as the crises we’re facing intensify 

Great post. Sums up my feelings.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, gbandit said:

I think its a whole load of issues, young lads probably coked up, drunk, raised emotions and generally having a shitty attitude towards respect of others. Basically society is broken right now and people are losing their heads right left and centre, be it at football matches, a night out or other things. Its grim right now in this country, on and off the pitch so to speak.

12 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Not sure how what Vieira did is that much different to what Ronaldo did, to be honest. (The stuff with the young lad's phone, not the rape.)

Ronaldo’s was much worse as he had no reason to do it (was easily all forgotten about though).

24 hours after a player was assaulted by a fan in a similar situation, I don’t blame Vieira for responding to defend himself when the idiot fan clearly made a move for him.

FA need to do something to stop this though, before it gets out of hand. Used to be fine with a pitch invasion but not when we’ve got complete tossers using it as an opportunity to act a cock.

I see Swindon players were subject to crap from pitch invaders in the play offs last night too.

Only solution is to threaten any teams who have a pitch invasion with a points deduction (or in the playoffs, default to losing the game).

Would usually be great scenes but if players/staff can’t be kept safe then they should be fucked off immediately.

In fairness, there were plenty of Everton fans who saw what was happening and tried to get Viera off the pitch safely.

@Neil I wondered what the forecast was for next year, in terms of ability to spend and improve?

I suspect Everton will improve, even if they dont invest alot. Your squad needs a canny clear out.

Presumably Everton are going to make one big sale, either Richarlison or DCL in order to make investments into the team.

41 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Scouse mackems? Scouse Millwall more like.

Mind, Vieira, as much of a twat that fan was, he’s basically been assaulted. Let’s see what happens…

The problem is when these idiots don't get taught wrong and right from a young age, and aren't disciplined appropriately at home from young, then these are the situations they open themselves up to later in life.

That discipline is going to end up coming your way one way or the other and when it has to happen at an older age, because you don't know how to act, it might end up costing you serious injury or your life.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, KaKa said:

The problem is when these idiots don't get taught wrong and right from a young age, and aren't disciplined appropriately at home from young, then these are the situations they open themselves up to later in life.

That discipline is going to end up coming your way one way or the other and when it has to happen at an older age, because you don't know how to act, it might end up costing you serious injury or your life.

People just seem so hinged and aggressive these days in general. 

9 minutes ago, STM said:

In fairness, there were plenty of Everton fans who saw what was happening and tried to get Viera off the pitch safely.

@Neil I wondered what the forecast was for next year, in terms of ability to spend and improve?

I suspect Everton will improve, even if they dont invest alot. Your squad needs a canny clear out.

Presumably Everton are going to make one big sale, either Richarlison or DCL in order to make investments into the team.

Yes, and I really admired those guys for that. No surprise it appeared to be much older guys, who still appear to have some damn sense.

33 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Vieira being investigated. 

Typical ...

I mean shouldn't Everton be the one's in trouble for letting their fans on the pitch that way and not controlling the situation?

Vieira was calmly walking off the pitch and some idiot starts getting right in his face and antagonising him to that extent. Why on Earth should he have to try and navigate such a situation at the end of such a tense game?

They have to investigate it, in fairness.

If Viera was to get any sort of punishment, he could file a suit against the PL for not ensuring the safety of him and his players, therefore the PL won't dare do anything.

Also bare in mind, a month ago we saw an Everton fan in the ground, with a knife on him. It's a matter of time, somewhere.

Edit: Just realised it's the police that are investigating. Totally unnecessary.

Edited by STM

Also, Viera is pretty likeable. Perhaps if Gerrard was on the pitch, I can see why people would turn on him but a Crystal Palace manager is fairly benign. Weird as fuck.