Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

8 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

How many times have you/we been euphoric at a match and not invaded the pitch? 

Wasn't even on the cards that this would happen against West Ham when we stayed up on the last day (not penultimate)

Imagine how shit Monday would have been if there'd been a pitch invasion, or Keegan's farewell as a player or the championship celebrations after Leicester.

Giveover man :lol: our fans invaded the pitch over a pre-season Sammy Ameobi goal. Can't stand celebration gatekeeping, it just comes across as Karen behaviour.

8 hours ago, wormy said:

It may not have been coming back from two down but we survived on the literal last day of the season less than a decade a go in a match capped off by a late goal from a fan favourite who'd beaten testicular cancer that very season and from what I recall everyone managed to stay in the stands..

Maybe I've just got a shit memory but I still can't recall pitch invasions being this normal at the end of every other season. :lol: I should just try and chalk it up to being so happy with NUFC right now that I'm trying to find something to whinge about.

Who cares man :lol:

Guest neesy111
19 minutes ago, St1pe said:

They won’t accept it but they wouldn’t have been anywhere close to going down if they’d have kept him. 

Very debatable.  They had like 1 win in 10, they were absolutely dreadful under him between November and his last game.

The bias towards Rafa on this forum is unbearable at times.

Edited by neesy111

Just seen the footage of Vieira kicking some little scrote on the pitch. My respect for him has just gone up immeasurably.

Everton should be docked points and by extension relegated [emoji38]

1 hour ago, RS said:

Not sure if I'm missing something here? It's just that, it looks like you've posted the link to a thread on an Everton forum from 10 years ago about why some strangers on the Internet don't like Newcastle, and are using that as the basis of your viewpoint.

If you wanted a zinger, you could have dug up my quote about not seeing you as rivals, shortly before you beat us at Goodison Park and went on to finish 5th.

30 minutes ago, St1pe said:

They won’t accept it but they wouldn’t have been anywhere close to going down if they’d have kept him. 

What is that based on? It's sheer speculation. He might have, he might not have (and would probably have been sacked later in the season).

We had 19 points from 20 games, had just been beaten by the worst team in the league and were in the middle of an utterly toxic environment. One that yes, was partly generated by some fans who took the anti-Liverpool thing too far, but was also in part undoubtedly created by him. Just days previously he had forced out of one of our better players for seemingly nothing more than a tactical disagreement, just to try to prove who the boss was.

Who knows what would have happened? But saying he would have kept us up in such a presumptive fashion is mere speculation based on the success he had at Newcastle.

Edited by Neil

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Just seen the footage of Vieira kicking some little scrote on the pitch. My respect for him has just gone up immeasurably.

Everton should be docked points and by extension relegated [emoji38]

Aye

Didnt think he should be anywhere near the manager of the season award but for kicking that little prick he deserves 2nd now😎

Imagine just walking up to someone in the street and sticking your phone in their face and giving them the finger for absolutely no reason

You'd likely get your head caved in

22 minutes ago, St1pe said:

They were in horrendous form before he was sacked. Whatever he was doing was clearly not working and he was falling out with players causing issues with his stubbornness. I don’t think it was simply a case of getting off to a slow start and waiting for his methods to work. They weren’t any signs change was just around the corner. 

I mean Lampard may not have been the most inspiring of choices, but he had to take over a team in a mess rather like Howe did (albeit in differing circumstances), so his stats won’t really impress (especially initially) but I think context is important. 

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

You ok bud?

Congrats on survival.   What is your view on Frank L, do you think he is a good manager?  Are you worried about next season with no money etc or do you think everton will kick on from here?

Just now, Awaymag said:

Congrats on survival.   What is your view on Frank L, do you think he is a good manager?  Are you worried about next season with no money etc or do you think everton will kick on from here?

Very worried, we are still 100% in the shit. We need to get rid of so, so much deadwood, but it is logistically impossible to do all that in one window without leaving our squad totally threadbare, and it's already thin as it is. There are certain players though who even yesterday were pathetic - Coleman was past it 5 years ago, I've seen milk turner quicker than Andre Gomes and Michael Keane looks confused whenever he sees a football.

I'm still undecided on Lampard. I'm amused, I have to say, by the sheer vitriol he seems to trigger in a lot of people through some quite generic comments, although clearly the media darling stuff about how he has performed a miraculous job will naturally be nauseating. He's been very naive in some games and made huge errors (we only improved yesterday after he corrected his own glaring errors), but he has also shown signs of learning. He does seem committed to overhauling an awful lot of the club which I'm all for.

Unfortunately there is so much long-term damage at the club that one summer isn't going to fix it, so yes the likelihood is we will struggle.

Few questions from me

How come that Patterson from Rangers hasn't had a look in with Coleman being finished? Bizarre signing that. Was it a Benitez one?

Has that Mykolenko been decent or not?

Would you be bothered if any of your players at all left?

Good for Viera for giving kicking the little spiv. Not a fan of pitch invasions when fans behave like disrespectful arseholes. That headbutt on Sharp a prime example that has the potential to cause very serious injury. Clubs should do more to stop it before they put barriers back up. 

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

Very worried, we are still 100% in the shit. We need to get rid of so, so much deadwood, but it is logistically impossible to do all that in one window without leaving our squad totally threadbare, and it's already thin as it is. There are certain players though who even yesterday were pathetic - Coleman was past it 5 years ago, I've seen milk turner quicker than Andre Gomes and Michael Keane looks confused whenever he sees a football.

I'm still undecided on Lampard. I'm amused, I have to say, by the sheer vitriol he seems to trigger in a lot of people through some quite generic comments, although clearly the media darling stuff about how he has performed a miraculous job will naturally be nauseating. He's been very naive in some games and made huge errors (we only improved yesterday after he corrected his own glaring errors), but he has also shown signs of learning. He does seem committed to overhauling an awful lot of the club which I'm all for.

Unfortunately there is so much long-term damage at the club that one summer isn't going to fix it, so yes the likelihood is we will struggle.

Pretty much how I see things regarding Lampard. I think he’s an average manager who gets an easy ride in the media, but he doesn’t seem offensive - just boring imo. The Tory stuff I think is just looking for a reason to hate the bloke when he’s hardly been harping on about how much he loves their most harmful policies etc. 

9 minutes ago, Neil said:

cheers for the reply.

I think your viewpoint is sensible.  Most people hate Frank as he is a media darling......same as Gerrard.    It'll be interesting to see what he can do without the money of Chelsea etc, will he look to create an identity of play for Everton next season?    Does he have a plan?    I'll be looking on with interest and I'll admit hoping he tanks (same as Gerrard).   Not because of Everton/Villa but just like to see these two media darlings fall on their arse!

Anyway good luck next season.......but not too much :naughty:

Edited by Awaymag