Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

19 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Scholes was a great player but he’s the classic example of a playing being talked about as underrated to such an extent he becomes overrated. He’s never been a class above Gerrard. That’s hyperbole. You could argue one is slightly better at some things than the other but I’d personally have Gerrard overall above Scholes.

Agree with this. I don't want to disrespect Scholes at all, but he's become one of those players it's fashionable to rate as one of your favourite all time players.

6 hours ago, STM said:

Lampards done a respectable job at Everton. 

He's primed them to become a boring, nasty lower mid-table team for years to come. Boring, old but solid defenders. Physical midfielders with little ability. Hard working attackers with little end product.

Just now, Conjo said:

He's primed them to become a boring, nasty lower mid-table team for years to come. Boring, old but solid defenders. Physical midfielders with little ability. Hard working attackers with little end product.

thats a good base to start from.

8 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Literally would say the exact opposite of those two. :lol: I find Shearer totally genuine whereas Jenas has that tedious "I'm saying something very thoughtful and profound that I've rehearsed so I need to say it, even though it isn't necessarily connected to what the last person said" thing. On each of the four million channels he appears on. 

Can't abide him. 

Jenas is also a complete liar, who tries to pull the wool over people's eyes.

8 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Literally would say the exact opposite of those two. :lol: I find Shearer totally genuine whereas Jenas has that tedious "I'm saying something very thoughtful and profound that I've rehearsed so I need to say it, even though it isn't necessarily connected to what the last person said" thing. On each of the four million channels he appears on. 

Can't abide him. 

Think that's fair enough, when they're actually talking amongst themselves, shearer is genuine amd pbviously i prefer him generally. Just when he's doing the narration of the clips he's horrendous. Keeps pausing in unnatural moments.

Jenas is pretty slick and pretty clear he's practiced and he's good at it. 

7 hours ago, madras said:

Watching MOTD2 and the Leeds game , you're watching and thinking "why are they making a deal of this one yellow card ?'............"Oh he must get sent off for a second yellow later "

Likewise if they show a substitution it nearly always means they score.

Jenas is a good presenter / broadcaster.

He lacks credibility as a Pundit. His strength as a broadcaster has him sitting with the big boys. Jenas is one of the frontrunners to take the main MOTD presenting gig.

Spineless player. I stuck up for him a lot as he had ability but the application was poor. If he had a better mindset he would have been a top class player.

They'll likely know their audience, and it's somewhat understandable and to be expected, but at the same time, it's ridiculous how when it's Man Utd vs Liverpool the other Monday night, they come on air at 6.30pm and have 90 mins build up dedicated to the big match. Yesterday, SSN was all derby day in the morning and the full hour from 1-2pm was previewing the match. Now when it's Leicester vs Forest, an East Midlands derby, bottom vs 2nd bottom, loads at stake, 7-7.30pm is Manchester derby reaction, 7.30-7.45 is discussing Liverpool and TAA - they finally talked about tonight's match at 7.47 and then went for a break literally 2 minutes later :lol: