Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

It’s not just the pass, it’s how quickly he spots it, releases it and weights it. I absolutely love Saint-Maximin but his pass was delivered after running over twenty yards and knowing Murphy was there for most of that time. I think Bruno will deliver some passes similar to Coutinho’s once he’s up and running though 

St Maximin didn't get the pass to Murphy quite right though, that was obvious to me. It wasn't far enough in front of Murphy, who had to slow right down and take a touch, allowing the defender to close him down.

2 minutes ago, Wullie said:

St Maximin didn't get the pass to Murphy quite right though, that was obvious to me. It wasn't far enough in front of Murphy, who had to slow right down and take a touch, allowing the defender to close him down.

Murphys 1st touch was too poor. Main reason imo. Even if the pass wasn't 100% perfect. Murphy has a better touch and he's in. 

20 minutes ago, gbandit said:

It’s not just the pass, it’s how quickly he spots it, releases it and weights it. I absolutely love Saint-Maximin but his pass was delivered after running over twenty yards and knowing Murphy was there for most of that time. I think Bruno will deliver some passes similar to Coutinho’s once he’s up and running though 

It was so frustrating man ...

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

It was so frustrating man ...

I think he passes it at the exact right time, just as Wullie says its not quite far enough ahead of Murphy. If he passes it earlier there is much more for Murphy to do and easier for the defenders to close the gap. As it happened ASM drew the closest defender to him to give Murphy the space and it was a really good chance and he hit the post

Why is that not a penalty on Salah? Have never understood that. Does it state somewhere so long as you get your shot off. Being wiped out doesn’t count and it can’t be a foul? It’s not like it went out of play, either. Schmeichel saved it.