Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Palace don't come out very well on the TheOther14 baseline tracker as it stands so unless they improve from somewhere then reasonable to expect them to drop further (points are deducted for any points lost at home to "non big 6 teams" and points are gained for any points at "non big 6 teams" away or against "big 6 teams" home or away)

https://twitter.com/Other14The/status/1491534684605534212

1 minute ago, Smal said:

Laughing here at comms going wild for Coutinho’s pass for Villa’s second. I would expect pretty much any PL midfielder to be able to make that pass. Leeds were wide open.

Shocking defending from both teams on the motd highlights.

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/bruce-offers-verdict-defeat-sheffield-united

New job, same shite:

“Up until 40 minutes and even though we were 1-0 down, I thought we were the better side. I thought we were in control a little bit.

“We’ll get ready to go again.”

And I'm sure Brummie said he regularly spouted bollocks like this at Villa:

“Up until the red card I was thinking how refreshing it was to see the honesty of the Championship and how genuine it is.

“You forget it, and that’s what the spectacle is.

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Just seen City played Stones right back tonight. With Cancelo on the left and Walker and Zinchenko on the bench. Really curious as to why he's played Zinchenko so little this season.

Wonder if we go back in for him in the summer 

1 hour ago, Dandy Man said:

Palace don't come out very well on the TheOther14 baseline tracker as it stands so unless they improve from somewhere then reasonable to expect them to drop further (points are deducted for any points lost at home to "non big 6 teams" and points are gained for any points at "non big 6 teams" away or against "big 6 teams" home or away)

https://twitter.com/Other14The/status/1491534684605534212

We've been stuck on -6 since two games ago, I think. I'd have thought the recent two wins would've increased our position slightly. 

12 minutes ago, DJ_NUFC said:

We've been stuck on -6 since two games ago, I think. I'd have thought the recent two wins would've increased our position slightly. 

I don't think that home wins or away draws against the "other 14" make any difference. That takes us all the way back to Watford at home, which was two points dropped.

13 minutes ago, DJ_NUFC said:

Were -9 pre Leeds I think and don't gain anything for home win against Everton

1 hour ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Just seen City played Stones right back tonight. With Cancelo on the left and Walker and Zinchenko on the bench. Really curious as to why he's played Zinchenko so little this season.

Cancelo is the best full back arguably in the world and Walker is better than Zinchenko. I’m also guessing Zinchenko doesn’t kick up a fuss if not selected.

Did seem odd playing Stones tonight although Brentford are pretty long ball and restarts in the box.

Aye, was a beautiful result yesterday for Southampton. Hope Tottenham crash and burn, sinking under their debt. If they don’t make champions league I can’t see Conte sticking around and can see them losing their status as one of the big boys 

9 minutes ago, STM said:

Conte acts like such a cunt.

Celebrated going 2-1 up like they had won a cup final, despite knowing his team may have committed a foul in the build up. He's such a shithouse.

Joke was on him at the end 

21 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Aye, was a beautiful result yesterday for Southampton. Hope Tottenham crash and burn, sinking under their debt. If they don’t make champions league I can’t see Conte sticking around and can see them losing their status as one of the big boys 

Whilst I see the appeal in that if Spurs don't make top 4 then I think it will mean Man-U do and I'd much rather see Man-U/Ronaldo finish in a Europa League spot

20 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Whilst I see the appeal in that if Spurs don't make top 4 then I think it will mean Man-U do and I'd much rather see Man-U/Ronaldo finish in a Europa League spot

Fair play, either way, despite who gets the champions league spot it feels

like both clubs’ trajectories are going down. Perfect opportunity for a different club to come join the party in a few years 

11 hours ago, Smal said:

Laughing here at comms going wild for Coutinho’s pass for Villa’s second. I would expect pretty much any PL midfielder to be able to make that pass. Leeds were wide open.

Not one player in our team is capable of turning a player away and playing a ball like that.