Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

3 minutes ago, STM said:

Also, Viera is pretty likeable. Perhaps if Gerrard was on the pitch, I can see why people would turn on him but a Crystal Palace manager is fairly benign. Weird as fuck.

It's so disturbing man. I mean maybe if they were even doing it to the players, perhaps someone irritating like Zaha, I might to a miniscule degree understand the behaviour, although still not really.

But to get into a whole grown man's face like that is so jarring to me. Culturally I still can't get my head around how younger people can do this sort of think to older heads over here man. Where I'm from that kid would have got a kicking from his own set of fans for that shit.

2 hours ago, neesy111 said:

Very debatable.  They had like 1 win in 10, they were absolutely dreadful under him between November and his last game.

The bias towards Rafa on this forum is unbearable at times.

I’m very guilty of this mind but given the injuries they had at the time I think he’d have turned it around once more of them had come back. The left back he signed looks better than Digne in my opinion and once he could play with wingers like they started the season I think they’d have pulled clear much sooner - they certainly wouldn’t have looked as much of a mess. 

I will however give way to @Neil as someone who watches their club will have a infinitely better idea of what the reality is rather than someone with a passing glance at some of their games. I still think Rafa’s entire career shows he’d have sorted the issues mind if backed - which I guess he wasn’t from any quarter. 

18 minutes ago, NUFC_Chris said:

If Viera is charged with anything that’s a joke, everything that’s wrong with modern policing.

Will be a disgrace hardly anything in it anyways not like he went all out to hurt him just more of a get the fuck out of here kind of kick. Think most people would do the same if some one was doing that to you, got to expect a reaction.

39 minutes ago, STM said:

Also, Viera is pretty likeable. Perhaps if Gerrard was on the pitch, I can see why people would turn on him but a Crystal Palace manager is fairly benign. Weird as fuck.

Unfortunately that idiot probably doesn’t know how good Viera was as a footballer.

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Think the increased pitch invasions coupled with assaults are part of wider issues in society. People are angry as fuck about so many things either because their lives are awful or they’ve been fired up by the papers. We’ve seen a major erosion of responsibility being taken by people in the highest office. Genuinely feel like we’re getting closer to some nasty scenes becoming commonplace not just in football but in many walks of life as the crises we’re facing intensify 

Very well put.

Also mixed with the obsession that is social media. People more bothered about being seen to enjoy themselves instead of just enjoying themselves.

3 hours ago, Neil said:

Not sure if I'm missing something here? It's just that, it looks like you've posted the link to a thread on an Everton forum from 10 years ago about why some strangers on the Internet don't like Newcastle, and are using that as the basis of your viewpoint.

If you wanted a zinger, you could have dug up my quote about not seeing you as rivals, shortly before you beat us at Goodison Park and went on to finish 5th.

I suppose I’m getting at the dislike initially came from Merseyside and we seem to have picked up and ran with it. Mind, as a club we were fairly detestable during the Ashley era, an absolute nothing club, not the fans fault though. 

Edited by RS

3 hours ago, WillingtonMag said:

Everton fans showing what scum they are in that Video, awful fans.

I said something pretty similar on Twitter and got some Scouse tosser saying if that’s the case all Geordies are the same due to Roaul Moat shooting a copper in the face.

I mean his point. However misguided, would have a slight bit more credence if Everton fans hadn’t racially abused Brentford player’s families last week and have a reputation of trying to assault away fans on the regular.

5 hours ago, Neil said:

Not sure if I'm missing something here? It's just that, it looks like you've posted the link to a thread on an Everton forum from 10 years ago about why some strangers on the Internet don't like Newcastle, and are using that as the basis of your viewpoint.

If you wanted a zinger, you could have dug up my quote about not seeing you as rivals, shortly before you beat us at Goodison Park and went on to finish 5th.

:lol: Shit I remember that

@neesy111 Is spot on about the Rafa stuff BTW. 

There is something heavily hypocritical about us getting outraged by ex Man Utd players, pundits and fans of other clubs telling us that Bruce did a comparable job to Rafa, whilst also telling Everton fans that Lampard did no better than Rafa.

Let's be clear here. Rafa was a great manager for us and steared a very unsteady ship through some horrific times for us but that's not what was happening at Everton.

Under Rafa they had an exceptional start but were hurtling towards relegation, performances were shocking. Whether it was Rafas fault, the boards fault for not backing him, the players fault for not buying into his football or whatever doesn't really matter. With Rafa they were going down.

I don't rate Lampard whatsoever but what he has done is get the fans on board in the short term and that was the key to their survival, the Everton fans and goodison park saved their season.

Let's not tell fans of other clubs what to think of their managers and players, we don't like it when it comes at us the other way.

3 hours ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Completely unacceptable.

Fucking disgusting. Vieira was literally doing nothing wrong at all until this Scouse prick started that. Another video on here of old wife and a young kid effin and jeffin at a Palace player and looked like trying to attack him. Also the banner they left for Rafa when he was about to be appointed (Fat Kopite wanker or something?) Absolute scum and one of the main reasons they're so hated. 

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, STM said:

@neesy111 Is spot on about the Rafa stuff BTW. 

There is something heavily hypocritical about us getting outraged by ex Man Utd players, pundits and fans of other clubs telling us that Bruce did a comparable job to Rafa, whilst also telling Everton fans that Lampard did no better than Rafa.

Let's be clear here. Rafa was a great manager for us and steared a very unsteady ship through some horrific times for us but that's not what was happening at Everton.

Under Rafa they had an exceptional start but were hurtling towards relegation, performances were shocking. Whether it was Rafas fault, the boards fault for not backing him, the players fault for not buying into his football or whatever doesn't really matter. With Rafa they were going down.

I don't rate Lampard whatsoever but what he has done is get the fans on board in the short term and that was the key to their survival, the Everton fans and goodison park saved their season.

Let's not tell fans of other clubs what to think of their managers and players, we don't like it when it comes at us the other way.

Aye I’m weary of criticising other fans of their opinions, I mean I’d take DCL here 100%, but Everton fans seem to hate him/or not rate him that highly.

3 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

Unfortunately that idiot probably doesn’t know how good Viera was as a footballer.

He might have a better idea now after getting a kick up the arse.

Guest HTT II

Again I love Rafa and he started fantastically there, but in that awful run the football was really bad and there was no way he was turning it around on reflection. A toxic atmosphere yes, aided by his appointment, but overall just a poorly run club with awful recruitment. Lampard for me has done a decent job, more points in fewer games. He has kept them up when at times it’s looked like they were just destined for the drop so a right decision it seems. They will be fine next season, but need to dampen expectations, top 10 maybe would be success for him and where they are at right now. I can see Gilmour there and maybe even Gallagher who would improve them massively. They can’t afford to lose both DCL and Richarlison, but I can see both wanting away and they could feasibly get 100m for the pair combined. Big summer for Lampard which will show one way or another where his trajectory as a manager is leading…

Edited by HTT II

7 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Aye I’m weary of criticising other fans of their opinions, I mean I’d take DCL here 100%, but Everton fans seem to hate him/or not rate him that highly.

I think the key is to take fans opinion into account on players.

We've been wrong quite a few times. Sissoko and Wijnaldum were both given really bad reviews by us, but Wijnaldum in particular just needed the correct coaching.

Milner was labelled as shite, wrongly. Scott Parker was seen as shite but was actually being played wrong. And so on and so on.