Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

4 minutes ago, Bizza said:

Nothing wrong with the system, it's the dipshits operating it that's the problem. 

There is though. It’s ruining an organic, human and real time game by adding in technology, freeze frames, millimetre measurements.

Makes the crowd and players wait to truly celebrate. It’s the antithesis of emotion. I hate it. 

Edited by LV

3 minutes ago, Bizza said:

Nothing wrong with the system, it's the dipshits operating it that's the problem. 

I disagree, the whole system is designed around a principle of "a goal has been scored, let's see what we can find that could disallow it"

It's sucking all the joy out of the sport.

2 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

Give the captains or managers 1 review a half.  If they ask for review and its correct , keep your review.  If it's not right, lose your review.  So simple.

Again, that would be dreadful

6 minutes ago, Wullie said:

I disagree, the whole system is designed around a principle of "a goal has been scored, let's see what we can find that could disallow it"

It's sucking all the joy out of the sport.

:thup: 

I do agree with this, however, in this particular situation I think the decision was the correct one based on how they use the system right now, no?  He's ''clearly'' offside (those thin lines weren't touching), and clearly tries to play the ball and affects the defenders making the clearance. I just don't understand why it took the VAR refs 10 minutes to look at it and then call the ref over?

Doesn't the Eredivise use thicker lines for offsides? And has that worked better? Maybe @Unbelievable could answer this. 

Beautiful non-goal nonetheless.