Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

i honestly think pep is privately really annoyed at having to play haaland, all his fancy tactics and formation tweaks and attacking patterns and it's all basically pointless now just hit it at haaland, if opposition sit deep launch it at haaland, if they push up knock balls behind for haaland he will always be there it's soooo easy I genuinely think he may have gone fuck it lets just have fun and don't care if we concede anymore

Edited by Tiresias

What is it with these ex-pros and their refusal to let someone finish their sentence before barking their own opinions? We had to put up with it with Bruce, and Roy Keane is just as bad.

14 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

i honestly think pep is privately really annoyed at having to play haaland, all his fancy tactics and formation tweaks and attacking patterns and it's all basically pointless now just hit it at haaland, if opposition sit deep launch it at haaland, if they push up knock balls behind for haaland he will always be there it's soooo easy I genuinely think he may have gone fuck it lets just have fun and don't care if we concede anymore

De Bruyne to Haaland is pretty much unstoppable. 

Some teams might get some lucky draws or even scrape a win, but City will walk this league for years now with this set up. The team is far too good. So much quality everywhere. 

30 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Didn’t watch the match today, but how did the butcher get on @Froggy?

I didn't watch it either. I booked a live In the Night Garden for my son last year and it ended up clashing with this and I didn't have the heart to send the wife on without me. :lol:

Out of everyone in football, I dislike Gerrard the most. He's a nasty piece of work, who's been deified by scousers, despite asking to leave them when they were largely shit.

Loads of pundits talk about "Stevie G" being the best English midfielder but Xavi talked about Scholes, who I totally agree, was a class above.

Gerrard played for Gerrard, Gerrard is now managing for Gerrard. He has no interest in his players or at the club he manages. His only interest is getting the big games at his beloved Liverpool.

I for one hope that he somehow lands that job because it will showcase his entire lack of brains or class.

I'm actually starting to feel sorry for Villa fans.

Just now, STM said:

Just had a peek at the Villa forum.

Turns out they have their heads switched on. They pretty much unanimously want him gone.

Hopefully he doesn't go. They've got a half decent squad and the right manager would certainly get a tune out of it. 

Just now, Scotty66 said:

Just seen a clip of Haaland scoring the second for Man City, why was Erikson marking him on the corner? That has to be a mistake right and not what the game plan was?!! 

Think Varane was off the pitch at the time but yeah was a huge mismatch

Jenas's problem for me will always be that he has no credibility as a pundit. Aside from his lack of quality, I can't take any criticism he has for players not putting the effort in or not tracking back or lacking character seriously when the main problem I had with him for us was that he was spineless.

Edited by Kid Icarus

3 minutes ago, Jimburst said:

Think Jenas has an engaging presenting style, nowt like autocue Shearer. Quite annoying but clearly quite good at his job these days.

Literally would say the exact opposite of those two. :lol: I find Shearer totally genuine whereas Jenas has that tedious "I'm saying something very thoughtful and profound that I've rehearsed so I need to say it, even though it isn't necessarily connected to what the last person said" thing. On each of the four million channels he appears on. 

Can't abide him. 

2 hours ago, STM said:

Out of everyone in football, I dislike Gerrard the most. He's a nasty piece of work, who's been deified by scousers, despite asking to leave them when they were largely shit.

Loads of pundits talk about "Stevie G" being the best English midfielder but Xavi talked about Scholes, who I totally agree, was a class above.

Gerrard played for Gerrard, Gerrard is now managing for Gerrard. He has no interest in his players or at the club he manages. His only interest is getting the big games at his beloved Liverpool.

I for one hope that he somehow lands that job because it will showcase his entire lack of brains or class.

I'm actually starting to feel sorry for Villa fans.

Scholes was a great player but he’s the classic example of a playing being talked about as underrated to such an extent he becomes overrated. He’s never been a class above Gerrard. That’s hyperbole. You could argue one is slightly better at some things than the other but I’d personally have Gerrard overall above Scholes.