Newcastle United 3 - 1 Everton (08/02/2022)

Disco

Best performance of the season by far. Trippier MOTM for me but Targett, ASM, Lascelles and Willock were superb. Bruno looks a player. Got to be honest I thought Schar was shite, but don't want to be too negative, superb result and performance, should've scored more goals. Onto Villa and more Bruno.

5 minutes ago, STM said:

Keiran Trippier put in one of the best performances I've ever seen from an NUFC player and certainly the best performance from a right back.

That free kick was wow.

He’s just so assured. He was calming the whole back line a few times, and that HBA-esque control to bring that long ball down in one fell swoop ❤️ Best signing in a long while for us. So far. 

1 minute ago, STM said:

If that was Lascelles debut, we would be screaming about what a player we have.

We know he isn't the future but boy he has some heart and balls.

I think he's been awful this season but tonight he looked a lot more solid and had so much commitment to get the ball. Very unlucky with the own goal.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

If that was Lascelles debut, we would be screaming about what a player we have.

We know he isn't the future but boy he has some heart and balls.

I was angry at him when he made that stupid foul, but yeah after that he really was immense :thup:

Alli is a little prick mind, that tackle on Jo. Wanted Jo to fucking deck him (I mean not really because we need him, but the cunt had it coming). Glad we never signed him, the shaking his head and attitude was polar opposite to our lot. He's not got the character for it.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

On a sidenote, Everton were very shit. Didn't expect them to be anywhere near that bad.

After we levelled, took the wind out of their sails and they weren't all that interested after Fraser's goal.  

15 minutes ago, Izakaya said:

Maxi is worth £60m easy 

What other player in world football has his dribbling? I'd say in this stupid market these days he's arguably worth more. You put him in a team like Liverpool or City imagine the amount of assists.

Thought Wood was disappointing. Won his fair share of headers but I feel he doesn't hold the ball too well for such a big man. Rondon and Wilson are much better at laying it off.