Newcastle United 3 - 1 Everton (08/02/2022)

Disco

Pickford's so funny like. I honestly absolutely love him when he's playing for England and I think all of the stick I've seen him get from us is done in good spirit. At times it seems like he takes it that way as well, but time and time again he either bites (deliberately holding onto the ball and trying to wind up the crowd) or he completely loses his shit, it's class.  :lol:

2 hours ago, HTT II said:

He apparently still has most of his school pals and childhood friends as current pals today which I’m sure is a good thing and a not so good thing in terms of being led astray and thinking he can still just be one of the lads. If I’m a young goalkeeper from the NE though, he’s a role model given what he’s went on to achieve. Same with Henderson.

He’s ok when down the Riverside, but some of his mates give it the large one when they go out and about with him. When he had that bother in Sunderland and said his girlfriend was getting pelters (he’d been out with mates), he got knocked out by a bouncer behind the pub where there was no CCTV and it got kept out the papers. I posted about it at the time.

He handled the crowd better than he’s done before but when he shinned that ball and Braithwaite did the same he was stotting 😂

They’re the most dysfunctional team in the league at the moment. They have some quality in different places but they have absolutely zero playing style and I have no idea what system they’re trying to play. If Donny, Dele and DCL don’t gel then they’re really fucked 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

They’re the most dysfunctional team in the league at the moment. They have some quality in different places but they have absolutely zero playing style and I have no idea what system they’re trying to play. If Donny, Dele and DCL don’t gel then they’re really fucked 

They are not a team at all, despite having some really decent individual players and Lampard has zero experience nor credibility in this situation. 

3 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Would be funny as fuck if Pickford just randomly lost his rag and jawed the cunt.

Pickford over this fucking creepy little fucking bell end any day of the week. Tattie water weirdo!

Edited by HTT II

Reading the Everton form, and even the ones that hate us are noting the quality of the atmosphere and noise.

Two things:

- It's going to be like that for a long time, isn't it? This year we're fighting for our lives, next year whatever we're doing it will be charged and intense, and the crowd are as obviously into it as the playing staff and owners.

- All the years of sneers about our delusion...well, look what has happened. The richest investors in the world go with us and our crowds are already justifying their decision, nosily. So we were right all along.  

So that's good.

9 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Amazing how bad Everton look. Their whole defence and midfield are a mess.

It seems like they’ve been a team with no character for as long as I can remember. Some of their players have obvious quality but there’s nothing cohesive about them at all. They completely folded in that first half and didn’t recover. 

Great to see everyone so happy in that clip, the team morale seems amazing right now considering we’ve been in a relegation battle all season. Conversely, Richarlison looked pissed off when talking to big Jow and Bruno 

23 minutes ago, Nine said:

Nice touch in how Maxi went over to the fans straight away, remember alot of us gave him shit for going down the tunnel against Cambridge. 

Yup, I was one of them. Think I said something like "he's not as good as he thinks he is". Long may he continue to make me eat those words :lol:

24 minutes ago, Nine said:

Nice touch in how Maxi went over to the fans straight away, remember alot of us gave him shit for going down the tunnel against Cambridge. 

He did but, he didn’t engage with the players and went to walk straight off after he’d quickly clapped the fans, one of the staff or players had to stop him disappearing down the tunnel. Happened in front of me (can’t remember who stopped him). 

Considering this is largely a Championship squad, a shit squad with a manager who was relegated with his previous club, and we are in dire straights, the United front on and off the stands from owners to management to players to fans is fucking beautiful and if we can just somehow stay up, the sky really is the limit if we remain as United as we are right now! 

My mate renewed his ST under Ashley and Bruce which resulted in me calling him a scab and mug, which he got me back when the takeover happened with “who is the mug now”, he said the atmosphere last night was incredible and if we keep it that way at home all season, we will stay up with points to spare. And he’s a critical moaning twat at the best of times.

I know the match attending fans have been largely slaughtered for being complicit with Ashley but, in no small way their numbers was a factor in PIF jumping on board and their support since the takeover has been something else.

Wor Flags have been brilliant but a shout  out from me to those fans who have shown the new owners what the club is all about.

Hopefully they keep prices to a level where the normal fan can afford to go and I’d be all for keeping some free tickets aside every home game for those  who can’t afford it.

It’s great to see everyone pulling in the same direction. 

50 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Great to see everyone so happy in that clip, the team morale seems amazing right now considering we’ve been in a relegation battle all season. Conversely, Richarlison looked pissed off when talking to big Jow and Bruno

Isn't that how he always looks :lol:

I wouldn’t mind Richarlison here mind, he’s not exactly prolific but when arsed he’s a work horse and a real attacking threat, he looked lost last night, half arsed, and seemingly disinterested to the point he knows this isn’t for him long-term! He’s Perez on steroids for me!