Newcastle United 3 - 1 Everton (08/02/2022)

Disco

45 minutes ago, RS said:

Is that “grand old team” forum a true representation of Everton fans?  It’s almost a blue clone of the groomers, the hate for us is that strong. 

Scouse mackems is so accurate. What a bunch of windowlickers!

They detest us on RAWK too. Really hope we’re better than them fuckers one day like. 

2 hours ago, Joey47 said:

Minute 2:34. Chicharito did the same thing but scored [emoji38]

I'm part mexican which is why I remember the goal. 

There is no such thing as part Mexican, YOU ARE MEXICAN :smitten:

4 hours ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

They’re spot on tbh - and long may it continue! It was crucial we got into his head last night. 

He bounces around on the edge of the 18-yard box when the ball’s up the other end and unless my eyes deceived me, I was absolutely convinced he was talking/muttering to himself too. :lol:

Did anyone on here get in the Newcastle Arms beforehand last night? Loads of Everton in, more than the usual amount of away fans. Kept playing one of their shite old timey songs on the jukebox. Hope they enjoyed their pasting.

Sitting right behind the gallowgate goal last night so watched him a lot. I think his issues go way beyond nerves/excitement/etc. He looks ADHD to me (though I'm not a real Doctor) and his constant ticks seem to be coping mechanisms.

I know people who are close to him/his family and he’s had mental health issues since he was a kid from what I’ve heard and has been getting help, he clearly has some mental block, but he’s still a very very good ‘keeper on his day and as erratic as he was, the score would have been bigger if not for him. I like him me.

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I know people who are close to him/his family and he’s had mental health issues since he was a kid from what I’ve heard and has been getting help, he clearly has some mental block, but he’s still a very very good ‘keeper on his day and as erratic as he was, the score would have been bigger if not for him. I like him me.

I have to say, I have softened my views on him. Used to detest him but from what I know he’s a typical North East lad and some of his good mates are NUFC fans.

Still though, when he comes up here we need to continue to hammer him like yesterday. It clearly effects him and his team mates. 

3 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

I have to say, I have softened my views on him. Used to detest him but from what I know he’s a typical North East lad and some of his good mates are NUFC fans.

Still though, when he comes up here we need to continue to hammer him like yesterday. It clearly effects him and his team mates. 

Aye definitely, from what I’ve heard, he takes it in good humour, mind I wouldn’t rule out him giving it large at some point should he get one over us at some time in the near future and who could blame him. Him and Henderson have done well for themselves and me, from a grassroots perspective, I’m happy to see kids from the NE go onto do well in the game, whether they are mackems or not. BTW I’m sure Pickford is originally a Washington lad and some of his family are black and white!

Edited by HTT II

Just now, HTT II said:

Aye definitely, from what I’ve heard, he takes it in good humour, mind I wouldn’t rule out him giving it large at some point should he get one over us at some time in the near future and who could blame him. Him and Henderson have done well for themselves and me, from a grassroots perspective, I’m happy to see kids from the NE go onto do well on the game, whether they are mackems or not. BTW I’m sure Pickford is originally a Washington lad and some of his family are black and white!

Hope he never gets that satisfaction, but wouldn't hold owt against him if he went a little mad. If the lad has had issues since youth, you can't help but applaud his determination to succeed, in football of all places.

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Aye definitely, from what I’ve heard, he takes it in good humour, mind I wouldn’t rule out him giving it large at some point should he get one over us at some time in the near future and who could blame him. Him and Henderson have done well for themselves and me, from a grassroots perspective, I’m happy to see kids from the NE go onto do well in the game, whether they are mackems or not. BTW I’m sure Pickford is originally a Washington lad and some of his family are black and white!

You’re right aye - I know one of his mates from travelling to watch NUFC. 

Much prefer Pickford to someone like that vile Smoggie, car wrecking cunt Cattermole. Or the Cancer mocking prick “Bally”. They’re vile cunts, not Pickford. 

He apparently still has most of his school pals and childhood friends as current pals today which I’m sure is a good thing and a not so good thing in terms of being led astray and thinking he can still just be one of the lads. If I’m a young goalkeeper from the NE though, he’s a role model given what he’s went on to achieve. Same with Henderson.

Edited by HTT II

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

He apparently still has most of his school pals and childhood friends as current pals today which I’m sure is a good thing and a not so good thing in terms of being led astray and thinking he can still just be one of the lads. If I’m a young goalkeeper from the NE though, he’s a role model given what he’s went on to achieve. Same with Henderson.

Yeah this is true. Im friends with some of his close mates (never met him myself) and he’s often with them. He usually sends football kits up for their kids that I’ve seen on social media. He seems a genuinely good lad. 

Fuck him yesterday though [emoji38]

Aye I think Pickford's probably an alright lad but when we play against him it is absolutely essential that we give him shitloads of stick. Looks like the crowd did it to perfection last night. It was a big contributing factor to the 3-2 under Rafa as well. 

1 hour ago, Danh1 said:

You’re right aye - I know one of his mates from travelling to watch NUFC. 

Much prefer Pickford to someone like that vile Smoggie, car wrecking cunt Cattermole. Or the Cancer mocking prick “Bally”. They’re vile cunts, not Pickford. 

Had the misfortune of seeing him in a Newcastle hotel lobby a few years ago; was kicking off because they told him he couldn’t park his Mercedes literally right in front of the entrance doors. Could be a nice lad otherwise but came across as an arrogant prick.